R-02972

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi all who have switched over to coil overs. Will this render the dynamic dampening modes useless? Losing the functionality of R/SPORT/COMFORT modes? I would think lowering via Springs will keep the stock dynamic dampers.
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all who have switched over to coil overs. Will this render the dynamic dampening modes useless? Losing the functionality of R/SPORT/COMFORT modes? I would think lowering via Springs will keep the stock dynamic dampers.
Yes, when you use coilovers, you'll lose the function of damping settings...but you can still change modes as far as the steering and throttle response.

Springs of course you'll keep all the functions

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So Im fairly new to tracking and looking to put actual track worthy coilovers on my 2019 R So far Top 3 in terms of trackability look like JRZ RS PRO 3s, HKS and Varis x Spirit look the best to me, I saw @ipeefreely has the JRZs and so did Stig, Im having trouble hunting those down on the internet so I started looking at the HKS and Varis. Hoping that some of you bois can help out on stats, and how they effect the coilovers why one is better or worse and what the different stats numbers and terms mean for me.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
So Im fairly new to tracking and looking to put actual track worthy coilovers on my 2019 R So far Top 3 in terms of trackability look like JRZ RS PRO 3s, HKS and Varis x Spirit look the best to me, I saw @ipeefreely has the JRZs and so did Stig, Im having trouble hunting those down on the internet so I started looking at the HKS and Varis. Hoping that some of you bois can help out on stats, and how they effect the coilovers why one is better or worse and what the different stats numbers and terms mean for me.
Send me a pm. I've got a hook up the JRZ's or the Ohlins if you're interested.

nickit

First Name
Nicklas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK 8
Country flag
Hey,

Has anyone been testing and compared different options? I´m looking for the best solution for the track. Right now I have my focus on Öhlins RD, HKS SP and KW CS.

Thanks

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hey,

Has anyone been testing and compared different options? I´m looking for the best solution for the track. Right now I have my focus on Öhlins RD, HKS SP and KW CS.

Thanks
I know JDM stig used the JRZ pros and loved them. I think Type R Jose is using EDIT: SEE BELOW.

Last edited:

OverRev

First Name
PC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG5, 1999 EK9, 2019 FK8
Country flag
RS•R introduced the first coilovers that work with the ADS(adaptive damper system) on FK8, but they’re only available in Japan so far. The spring rates are F8K/R6K with 36-step adjustable shocks. Unlike other EDC coilovers, they work with the factory mode selector, instead of running wires from a separate controller to the four shocks
*confrimed no camber plate included

More info:
https://youtu.be/ut3XfpYjt9A
https://minkara.carview.co.jp/.../255681/blog/44311044/

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Reviving this thread.
Have these coming.
VARIS x SPIRIT Coilovers

Specifications:

Spring Rate = Front : 14kg, Rear : 8kg
Front Damper = Inverted Type, Pillow Ball Upper Mount / Rear = Upright Type, Original Upper Mount
Vehicle Height Adjustment Range: Front -20mm ~ -40mm / Rear -15mm ~ -45mm
Dampening Force Adjustable: 20-step adjustment Front & Rear
Springs manufactured by Bestex
Includes sensors to cancel error codes from removing the factory electronically-adjustable dampers.
Fully rebuildable

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R: Master Coilover Guide Varis-x-Spirit-Coilover-Suspension-Kit-for-FK8-Honda-Civic-Type-R_05

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R: Master Coilover Guide Varis-x-Spirit-Coilover-Suspension-Kit-for-FK8-Honda-Civic-Type-R_18

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R: Master Coilover Guide Varis-x-Spirit-Coilover-Suspension-Kit-for-FK8-Honda-Civic-Type-R_07

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R: Master Coilover Guide Varis-x-Spirit-Coilover-Suspension-Kit-for-FK8-Honda-Civic-Type-R_09

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R: Master Coilover Guide Varis-x-Spirit-Coilover-Suspension-Kit-for-FK8-Honda-Civic-Type-R_12

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R: Master Coilover Guide Varis-x-Spirit-Coilover-Suspension-Kit-for-FK8-Honda-Civic-Type-R_10