Civic Type R (FK8) Traction Control - Hondata FlashPro

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
this is my 2nd.

Weather is always nice here and with the 265 RT-615Ks, it doesn't spin too bad. VSA did cut some throttle on one of my pulls but i think it was because i was going uphill.

sport
ZvJYCHq.png

R
hSAU2Ql.png

Comfort mode is same as stock comfort mode. only thing different between sport and R is values <80% to change the throttle response.

as you can see here, the factory vsa didn't close the throttle plate.
LFp3Hdp.png

the "hondata" traction control did lower ign timing in this area though. but it was only for a split second. I don't remember if it was cause the road was bumpy or i was just spinning though.
fNlsGdE.png
510NM = 376ftlb

Is that safe for me to run on 94 octane with no bolt ons and only Hondata's 93 OTS

Can I see your 3rd gear :)

I assume its the same? Safe to use 510nm on 4th gear as well?
Sponsored

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
510NM = 376ftlb

Is that safe for me to run on 94 octane with no bolt ons and only Hondata's 93 OTS

Can I see your 3rd gear :)
umm .. i can't and wouldn't really recommend anything without looking at logs. You'd have to check your fueling and the knock retard values and air charge. I'm currently on E27.

My 3rd gear WOT is exactly the same as 2nd gear with values under 80% throttle being slightly different.

I could dampen the torque curve a little bit more down low but i don't usually really floor my car under 3k usually so i just left it as is.

I might lower my +R throttle response slightly so it's a little easier to modulate during cornering. I feel like it's a little too touchy currently.

this was a 3rd gear going up hill. You can see the tplate closed for a sec even when my pedal is flat to the floor. Probably due to physics of going up hill i lost some traction.

My hondata traction control is set to 4% slip. I been debating on moving it to 6% but idk. I like the way it currently is right now.
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R (FK8) Traction Control - Hondata FlashPro enGiGde

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
umm .. i can't and wouldn't really recommend anything without looking at logs. You'd have to check your fueling and the knock retard values and air charge. I'm currently on E27.

My 3rd gear WOT is exactly the same as 2nd gear with values under 80% throttle being slightly different.

I could dampen the torque curve a little bit more down low but i don't usually really floor my car under 3k usually so i just left it as is.

I might lower my +R throttle response slightly so it's a little easier to modulate during cornering. I feel like it's a little too touchy currently.

this was a 3rd gear going up hill. You can see the tplate closed for a sec even when my pedal is flat to the floor. Probably due to physics of going up hill i lost some traction.

My hondata traction control is set to 4% slip. I been debating on moving it to 6% but idk. I like the way it currently is right now.
enGiGde.png
Actually just came back with your modified tables haha.

I'm on 94 with 10%

What values are a no no for fuel.and air charge.

Thanks btw for sharing all this info, appreciate it

Edit:

I think I will go back to Hondata's 93 tune lol

Everything looks fine

Knock Retard is 0 but I noticed during one pull Knock Level % jumped to 120%

A/F is at 14.60 max at WOT

Fuel Pump duty maxes at 96% on WOT

AFM is at 223 on WOT

Yea - I think I should go back lol (don't know if these numbers are normal or not)

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Actually just came back with your modified tables haha.

I'm on 94 with 10%

What values are a no no for fuel.and air charge.

Thanks btw for sharing all this info, appreciate it
Oh nice. Everyone has their own personal preference on throttle response so you really just gotta try it out and adjust it to your liking. What might work for me, might feel weird to you lol.

Regarding fuel and air charge values, there isn't really a set value that you have to watch out for but you have to look at a few parameters like knock retards and stuff.

Usually, higher torque request = higher air charge and/or higher ignition timing so you'd have to just datalog it take a look really. Although that small of an amount i don't think would make a big difference but I'm not a professional tuner by any means so you never know lol.

I just like to look at data and gather information lol. I pretty much datalog my drive every time i take the CTR out.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Oh nice. Everyone has their own personal preference on throttle response so you really just gotta try it out and adjust it to your liking. What might work for me, might feel weird to you lol.

Regarding fuel and air charge values, there isn't really a set value that you have to watch out for but you have to look at a few parameters like knock retards and stuff.

Usually, higher torque request = higher air charge and/or higher ignition timing so you'd have to just datalog it take a look really. Although that small of an amount i don't think would make a big difference but I'm not a professional tuner by any means so you never know lol.

I just like to look at data and gather information lol. I pretty much datalog my drive every time i take the CTR out.
Ah ok - thanks boss

which parameter in the datalog is ignition timing and air charge? I can't find it haha

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Unfortunately no, Hondata had a bit of a bug with launches while TCM was enabled. The car would completely bog. That's fixed now but haven't had a chance to give it another shot and my next pass will be with flex fuel installed :)
Todd - you mentioned that there was a bug with launching with TCM enabled and this was resolved? Can you confirm this was resolved? I am considering trying out Hondata (have custom tune with KTuner now) to see if it'll help 0-60 times.

Do you have 0-60 times yet? Thanks.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Todd - you mentioned that there was a bug with launching with TCM enabled and this was resolved? Can you confirm this was resolved? I am considering trying out Hondata (have custom tune with KTuner now) to see if it'll help 0-60 times.

Do you have 0-60 times yet? Thanks.
Hey man, yes as far as I know they fixed the 0-60 launch bug with the throttle plate closing unexpectedly about five minor releases ago. That said, I haven't benchmarked the car in a long while. Truth be told, whenever I do that? I get into this mode where I try to keep beating a time like it's a video game and frankly, I just don't like doing that to my car. I smelled clutch during one 0-60 pull and honestly that was enough for me to just stop caring about 0-60 times. I kept any additional testing to rolling times. I may give it another shot with the fix in place, the runs I tried were without the fix so I was fighting against the car, hence overworking the clutch. But personally, 0-60 times for this car are kinda meaningless to me so I just haven't made it a priority to gather more data on them. Sorry about that, but it's just a weird hangup I have, hope you understand.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hey man, yes as far as I know they fixed the 0-60 launch bug with the throttle plate closing unexpectedly about five minor releases ago. That said, I haven't benchmarked the car in a long while. Truth be told, whenever I do that? I get into this mode where I try to keep beating a time like it's a video game and frankly, I just don't like doing that to my car. I smelled clutch during one 0-60 pull and honestly that was enough for me to just stop caring about 0-60 times. I kept any additional testing to rolling times. I may give it another shot with the fix in place, the runs I tried were without the fix so I was fighting against the car, hence overworking the clutch. But personally, 0-60 times for this car are kinda meaningless to me so I just haven't made it a priority to gather more data on them. Sorry about that, but it's just a weird hangup I have, hope you understand.
No prob. Thanks for the update. How do the 5-60 times feel? Pretty quick?

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No prob. Thanks for the update. How do the 5-60 times feel? Pretty quick?
They do. I can try to get some rolling data for you with TCM on/off, that shouldn't be hard.

Holding tire size constant (I've tried several setups this year, and even now I have a different one than my last testing session), I saw roughly the following split changes:

30-70 - 8% faster with TCM on vs off. About 10% faster with TCM + Flex Fuel (E30) vs TCM off/93 octane
50-80 - 6% faster with TCM on, 20% faster with E30 vs 93 octane
20-50 - 10% faster with TCM on vs off, negligible changes on flex fuel that I can recall

Using the same Dragy I've had. In fact, I think I need to charge that thing, it's just been sitting back in my hatch unused for a month or two :)

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
For some reason my throttle plate is closing along with the hondata ignition retard. When I first got flashpro it worked excellently and acceleration was so smooth, but for some reason it's not working right anymore and is choppy and awful like oem traction control. Minimum speed is 3mph and slip is 5% any idea? If I turn VSA semi off it still does it, and If I turn vsa completely off the wheels just spin like madmen.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R (FK8) Traction Control - Hondata FlashPro throttle plate

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For some reason my throttle plate is closing along with the hondata ignition retard. When I first got flashpro it worked excellently and acceleration was so smooth, but for some reason it's not working right anymore. Minimum speed is 3mph and slip is 5% any idea? If I turn VSA semi off it still does it, and If I turn vsa completely off the wheels just spin like madmen.

throttle plate.jpg
Is the road where you tested it flat?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ive got over 8k miles on the OEM crap Continentals so that doesn't help. Maybe reflashing with the 3mph 6% I had before when it worked, or increasing the minimum speed a smidge. When I tried to do that earlier the software wouldn't let me and kept going back to 3mph. Like I would set it to 4-6 then go to another window in calibration and come back to TC and it would be at 3mph again....

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
For some reason my throttle plate is closing along with the hondata ignition retard. When I first got flashpro it worked excellently and acceleration was so smooth, but for some reason it's not working right anymore and is choppy and awful like oem traction control. Minimum speed is 3mph and slip is 5% any idea? If I turn VSA semi off it still does it, and If I turn vsa completely off the wheels just spin like madmen.

throttle plate.jpg
6mp and 6% seem to be the sweet spot. Turn vsa completely off. Also you do realize hondata traction control only works with the cruise completely off. If cruise is on but not set, I believe it has gray text then hondata traction control is disabled.
Sponsored