Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any updates boss
Yep, sorry about that.

The 255/35-18 setup was quicker from 20-50 but from 50-80, the taller tire is a hair faster.

TCM is most effective for me from 20-50 MPH, about 8-10% faster in perfect conditions. No data on imperfect/wet conditions. But at one point I was testing it on cold tires and cold streets and saw nearly 1 second delta between TCM on and off from 20-50.

It gets less and less noticeable as you go from 20-50 to 30-70/50-80.

Best 20-50 time so far with TCM on is 2.52 seconds via dragy. In the log if I used timestamps and VSS readout, it was around 2.2 seconds but that's why I use Dragy, not logs
Best 50-80 time was on the taller tire setup and that was 3.2 seconds.

Hope that helps. I'll be doing more testing this weekend, hopefully, after adding flex fuel.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"disadvantage of fast torque reduction is that at high power reduction levels the engine will misfire, " what do you mean by at high power reduction levels? @HondataAlso are you sure this isnt bad for the car at all? Thank you :)
Well imagine giving the car full throttle in first gear in the wet. How much power can the tires hold? Perhaps 25% of what the engine can make, so even at the maximum ignition retard the engine will still make too much power. The the ignition is retarded further still and you'll get a misfire.
We have not seen any problems with retarding the ignition until misfire on any of the vehicles we've worked on. I imagine that if you do this for a long time at high rpm you might be able to do some thing to the engine, but that is not going to happen with the use of traction control.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Won't it still help at the track on the straights?
We had another user who just upgraded report two things from the circuit today:

1) The Hondata base map runs better than their previous custom tuned map
2) The car's top speed is 3 mph faster than before. This is a huge advantage on the circuit.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

2) The car's top speed is 3 mph faster than before. This is a huge advantage on the circuit.
o_O

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yep, sorry about that.

The 255/35-18 setup was quicker from 20-50 but from 50-80, the taller tire is a hair faster.

TCM is most effective for me from 20-50 MPH, about 8-10% faster in perfect conditions. No data on imperfect/wet conditions. But at one point I was testing it on cold tires and cold streets and saw nearly 1 second delta between TCM on and off from 20-50.

It gets less and less noticeable as you go from 20-50 to 30-70/50-80.

Best 20-50 time so far with TCM on is 2.52 seconds via dragy. In the log if I used timestamps and VSS readout, it was around 2.2 seconds but that's why I use Dragy, not logs
Best 50-80 time was on the taller tire setup and that was 3.2 seconds.

Hope that helps. I'll be doing more testing this weekend, hopefully, after adding flex fuel.
Awesome. Any 0-60?

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome. Any 0-60?
Unfortunately no, Hondata had a bit of a bug with launches while TCM was enabled. The car would completely bog. That's fixed now but haven't had a chance to give it another shot and my next pass will be with flex fuel installed :)

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

Sent out.my ECU and bought a Hondata this morning to Quebec. The wait is.already killing me lol

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
I can't stress how amazing that Hondata flash for 93 base and TC has improved this vehicle... I installed XP8 F/R and the Hondata tune which made the car feel like an entirely different vehicle down at the dragon for ZdayZ. I tossed the keys to anyone that wanted to drive through hellbender and the opinion was resounding... It is nearly a flawless vehicle for touring and track day fun. The tune pushed the power just enough and the TC made the car so much grippier throughout. No more push... No aggressive rotate... Just smooth transition from extreme braking to full throttle.

It felt confident at all times and truly I didn't worry about anything else out there. Supermotos pulled off, insane power GTRs, and anything else just didn't have the balance of the Type R's power and weight post-tune and brake upgrade. Guess I'll never ever drive my poor little Exige again lol

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Any difference in power with the 93 map if I use 94 with upto 10% ethanol? Or should I just stick to 93 and save money.

@Hondata

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No difference unless you retune for 94 over 93 octane. Even then, not much difference in power and possibly less torque because the 10% ethanol needs more fuel flow.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
No difference unless you retune for 94 over 93 octane. Even then, not much difference in power and possibly less torque because the 10% ethanol needs more fuel flow.
:O!!!!!

So I should use 93 without ethanol