First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Won't it still help at the track on the straights?
But you're not going from a dead stop on the track.

So far I'm liking factory flash. Didnt realize how much lower I was getting with ktuner lol. It was fast but harder to manage than I realized

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
I have a quick one... What is the stock slip rating? The default I'm seeing for the Hondata TC on the street is 6%. I'm assuming the stock slip is much much lower.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I have a quick one... What is the stock slip rating? The default I'm seeing for the Hondata TC on the street is 6%. I'm assuming the stock slip is much much lower.
the default i see for hondatas TC when you open it up is 3%. Although, i believe a slightly higher slip is probably better.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
But you're not going from a dead stop on the track.

So far I'm liking factory flash. Didnt realize how much lower I was getting with ktuner lol. It was fast but harder to manage than I realized
The comment said if car is trapping 113 on a tune, getting one is a waste but I don't think so no? Like if you're on the track, the extra hours/tq should still help, not making a tune a total waste. Even just from a roll

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"A user reported a 2 second improvement in his best ever lap time at Buttonwillow raceway."

Tires don't off as quickly on the track too.
Is this update only for the type r models or does it apply to the si variant as well?

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone got a 0-60?
I just ordered a Dragy from Amazon. Will post back once the weather clears and I can get 0-60 runs with and without TCM enabled. Should be pretty easy. Would also be cool to stick my 255/35-20s back on and see how the numbers look since I think they're tall enough I won't need 3rd. I will definitely need 3rd on my 18s

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
"disadvantage of fast torque reduction is that at high power reduction levels the engine will misfire, " what do you mean by at high power reduction levels? @Hondata
Also are you sure this isnt bad for the car at all? Thank you :)

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"disadvantage of fast torque reduction is that at high power reduction levels the engine will misfire, " what do you mean by at high power reduction levels? @Hondata
maybe it's saying for cars that have a ton more power it will be bad? but yeah, not sure, lol...hopefully someone knows

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
A lot of slip = high power reduction = more ignition retard = misfires.
little slip = lower power reduction = less ignition retard = no misfire.

I posted an example video somewhere on this forum of a car sounding like its misfiring while it speeds away. It's due to the ECU retarding a lot of timing because it has too much slip (too much power). Which is why it's still smart to have dampened torque in some of the lower gears and not run max power just because you have traction control.

you can adjust the traction control values at higher slip (the amount of timing retard) so the car doesn't misfire even with a lot of slip but that would defeat the purpose of traction control because you'd just be spinning because it doesn't have enough power reduction for the car to gain traction.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just ordered a Dragy from Amazon. Will post back once the weather clears and I can get 0-60 runs with and without TCM enabled. Should be pretty easy. Would also be cool to stick my 255/35-20s back on and see how the numbers look since I think they're tall enough I won't need 3rd. I will definitely need 3rd on my 18s
Any updates boss