Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Civic Type R gets software based traction control using the ABS wheel speed sensors. It works the same as our Traction Control, except that there is no wiring involved and it is free. https://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22119&p=101791#p101791

Why use this over the factory VSA? The difference between Hondata software traction control and factory VSA is that the factory VSA reduces power by the so called 'slow torque' method. This means that it will close the throttle plate and with turbo vehicles, reduce boost. The 'slow torque' method is slow to both reduce power and bring back in power once the wheel slip is reduced. Hondata software traction control reduces power to the 'fast torque' method, which is basically retarding the ignition timing to reduce power. The advantage of this method is that the power reduction is instant and also the power and be bought back in instantly. The disadvantage of fast torque reduction is that at high power reduction levels the engine will misfire, which causes no damage but will make the exhaust pop, which is unacceptable for OEM applications. Also the Hondata software traction is under your control whereas the factory VSA is fixed in parameters and operation.

Do I need to switch off the factory VSA? No.

Will it work in wet and dry conditions? Yes.

Will this be available for other 10th gens? Yes.

Can it be disabled? Via the software and uploading or switch on cruise control main.

How do I get this version? Download from our website under software or from within the FlashProManager ''check for updates'. You need 3.2.7 or later.
Sponsored

Last edited:

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
The Civic Type R gets software based traction control using the ABS wheel speed sensors. It works the same as our Traction Control, except that there is no wiring involved and it is free. Download here.

Why use this over the factory VSA? The difference between Hondata software traction control and factory VSA is that the factory VSA reduces power by the so called 'slow torque' method. This means that it will close the throttle plate and with turbo vehicles, reduce boost. The 'slow torque' method is slow to both reduce power and bring back in power once the wheel slip is reduced. Hondata software traction control reduces power to the 'fast torque' method, which is basically retarding the ignition timing to reduce power. The advantage of this method is that the power reduction is instant and also the power and be bought back in instantly. The disadvantage of fast torque reduction is that at high power reduction levels the engine will misfire, which causes no damage but will make the exhaust pop, which is unacceptable for OEM applications. Also the Hondata software traction is under your control whereas the factory VSA is fixed in parameters and operation.

Can it be disabled? Via the software and uploading or switch on cruise control main.
@Hondata So whit this software VSA will be fully off? Stability completely off?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
When is this update suppose to release? I need this in my life.
not trying to be mean but umm did you read the first paragraph of the post? It says download here with a hyperlink
The Civic Type R gets software based traction control using the ABS wheel speed sensors. It works the same as our Traction Control, except that there is no wiring involved and it is free. Download here.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Lol skipped right over that part thought it started from the video down damn. Thanks man really didn’t even see the first paragraph.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag

Could this timing reduction be used to create an option to have the exhaust pop between shifts, like the "Race" mode on the new Veloster N? I'm assuming that this technique is what Hyundai used to achieve that effect.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So I have a catless downpipe and aftermarket front pipe but stock exhaust. Will this still be safe to use on my stock exhaust?