Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R !

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It'd just like the fk2 but 20" instead of 19"
No offense, but I need evidence of the actual bolt pattern before I place an order for my $600 per wheel wheels which has a lead time of 8-12 weeks.

What's the "iN system"?
The iN system is the system that Honda parts employee use to look up Honda parts.

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
No offense, but I need evidence of the actual bolt pattern before I place an order for my $600 per wheel wheels which has a lead time of 8-12 weeks.

The iN system is the system that Honda parts employee use to look up Honda parts.
Sounds like you better wait then. Just trying to give you the jump.

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag

The iN would just give you a part number then? How does that tell you the bolt pattern? It's a new wheel (obviously) so what will the part number show you? Please teach me....

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The iN would just give you a part number then? How does that tell you the bolt pattern? It's a new wheel (obviously) so what will the part number show you? Please teach me....
Perhaps a member here who works in parts at a Honda dealership can chime in?

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR

Yeah I'd wait. At least for Honda to say something. Roll on the stocks for a month or 2, better than having to resell and then rebuy pricey wheels. Out of curiosity, what's the rim?

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I'd wait. At least for Honda to say something. Roll on the stocks for a month or 2, better than having to resell and then rebuy pricey wheels. Out of curiosity, what's the rim?
Work Emotion CR2P 19" x 8.5" in white with a polish barrel. I'll be getting the Type R in championship white.

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Emotion CR2P 19" x 8.5" in white with a polish barrel. I'll be getting the Type R in championship white.
Damn they make them 2 piece now?? I knew I could count on someone to find a classic jdm wheel! Looks like someone's R is getting done right :thumbsup:

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn they make them 2 piece now?? I knew I could count on someone to find a classic jdm wheel! Looks like someone's R is getting done right :thumbsup:
Yup yup. I need someone to Photoshop those wheels on the the Type R for me. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is my list of day one mods:

1. 19" X 8.5" Work Emotion CR2P white with polish barrel wrapped in 245/35/R19 Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06
2. Sound system upgrade: 2 sets of Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component speakers, 2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P132 3.5" speakers, JL 10W6v3, Alpine PDR-F50, Alpine PDR V75, and Alpine PXA-H800 DSP
3. Red daytime running lights connected to a photocell to turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn (headlight switch will also turn them off to drive legally)
4. Clear side markers with white LED bulbs that blinks alternately from the turn signal
5. Red LED rear turn signal

Other possible mods:
1. White LED front turn signal
2. White LED side view mirror turn signal

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is my list of day one mods:

1. 19" X 8.5" Work Emotion CR2P white with polish barrel wrapped in 245/35/R19 Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06
2. Sound system upgrade: 2 sets of Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component speakers, 2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P132 3.5" speakers, JL 10W6v3, Alpine PDR-F50, Alpine PDR V75, and Alpine PXA-H800 DSP
3. Red daytime running lights connected to a photocell to turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn (headlight switch will also turn them off to drive legally)
4. Clear side markers with white LED bulbs that blinks alternately from the turn signal
5. Red LED rear turn signal

Other possible mods:
1. White LED front turn signal
2. White LED side view mirror turn signal
I'm sleeping in the damn thing for at least a week. I do want to lose the amber side markers too.. Smoked lenses would be ideal, but I'd like to retain the amber bulb. That light mod I seen in another thread looks badass tho, I'd love to see pictures of the finished product.

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
The excitement and buzz regarding the Type R is very much like when Honda introduced the 1976 Accord! When the 1976 Honda Accord was introduced the demand was huge. Customers literally stood in line to buy the little jewel of a car. Many dealers did not keep an Accord on hand for consumers to test-drive, much less to look at, but that only served to fan the frenzy. People followed transport trucks into the dealerships to catch a glimpse of an Accord. The wait for an Accord averaged three months nationwide and over a year on portions of the West and East Coasts.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Did anyone figure out yet if there is going to be any video feed of the official presentation or some way to watch it?

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Did anyone figure out yet if there is going to be any video feed of the official presentation or some way to watch it?
I haven't found anything yet. :/
Sponsored