Civic Type R confirmed in Championship White and 'other' unique colors.

Dcreek02

"If it aint a Type R, it aint a tight car"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2004 Acura TSX (6spd w/ Navi), 1998 Dakota R/T, 1985 Audi UR Quattro, 1965 Triumph TR4A,
Country flag
Anyone else notice that Honda's Championship White color is a little off-white, kinda like the white balance is a little on the warm side. When seeing a CW next to other white cars (like Audi whites), CW looks like the paint has worn and aged due to the off-white tint. Wish CW was more of a pure white color.

Championship White has always been "off-white". The color comes as a tribute to their 1st winning Formula 1 Car the RA272. You can see the contrast between the white tiles and the actual car in the picture here.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R confirmed in Championship White and 'other' unique colors. RA272
Sponsored

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

Championship White has always been "off-white". The color comes as a tribute to their 1st winning Formula 1 Car the RA272. You can see the contrast between the white tiles and the actual car in the picture here.

RA272.jpg
This.

I sprayed some Taffeta White and noticed how 'rosy' it was. This is not a matter of new vs old paint.
White Orchid Pearle is nice but would look weird on an old ITR.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I'll take whatever color is available, hopefully the dealer that sells me one comes in white or black though.....

k0shi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ek
Anyone else notice that Honda's Championship White color is a little off-white, kinda like the white balance is a little on the warm side. When seeing a CW next to other white cars (like Audi whites), CW looks like the paint has worn and aged due to the off-white tint. Wish CW was more of a pure white color.
Champ white has always been a kinda off white.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
Official colors as posted earlier...

Championship White
Ralley Red
Crystal Black Pearl
Aegean Blue Metallic
Polished Metal Metallic

There you go!!!

BA...

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
I can't wait any longer!!! Need some renders of the prototype in these colors but with proper resolution!

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Official colors as posted earlier...

Championship White
Ralley Red
Crystal Black Pearl
Aegean Blue Metallic
Polished Metal Metallic
Makes it hard to decide. I only know that it won't be red...
Polished Metal can be the closest to the Prototype color, but I'm afraid that it will disappoint me. The blue is really nice, but I've always loved white with black details and tinted windows contrast.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
CW then wrap it in the Prototype Finely Grained Brushed Aluminum; protection and I'll always have CW to peel back too :dance:

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
CW then wrap it in the Prototype Finely Grained Brushed Aluminum; protection and I'll always have CW to peel back too :dance:
This except go Satin/Matte Black for the ultimate flying Panda!
Sponsored