OP

randomwalk101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prospect
Markup just like the Rolex Daytona 116500 that I am trying to get. :)
Sponsored

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
We have asked three dealerships to do what we call dealer trade ,. Which is not new and we do this when a customer wants a specific trim we don’t have we will do a dealer trade ,. Martin Honda ( and I’m putting them on blast) has a 2017 n a 2018 still sitting on there lot ,. No one here will pay adm and many of us in Delaware won’t support it. Most of all my type r buys have been from out of state ,. Anyway we asked matin to dealer trade the type r to us and they will not, they won’t even sell it to us because they want mark up,. Now we can’t get anymore ,. I’m hopping we do and if we do,I will immediately post,. . Someone here asked if we ship unfortunately no, the buyer by law has to come to the dealership and sign the contract and it’s up to you to transport the car back to ur home as many do,. Vit viper had to drive his home , and a few others that actually wrecked on there way home , if I had the power I would ship lol. But this makes me mad that we are an honest non commission base dealership and can’t get anymore ,. Normally when we sell them another one is on its way,. We believe and know that what ever Type r is on the docks ( shipping docs) have already been assigned to dealerships ,. I’m hoping soon Honda will send more
That sucks y’all are trying to help out future customers and another dealership is being greedy and not wanting to dealer trade. But who knows. Hopefully there are a few CTR’s enroute to the US and probably more sitting at the docks just waiting to get to your dealership.

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
That sucks y’all are trying to help out future customers and another dealership is being greedy and not wanting to dealer trade. But who knows. Hopefully there are a few CTR’s enroute to the US and probably more sitting at the docks just waiting to get to your dealership.

Thanks man that’s what I’m hopping!

evolutionX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EVO X CTR 15925
Country flag
unit there is a better sport car come out like next generation STI

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
unit there is a better sport car come out like next generation STI
There is always going to be a better car that comes out. Always faster, better handling, safer, etc...

The new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross seems like the better car. Great replacement for the Evo. AWD, turbo charged engine, heads up display, and touchpad controller.

Last edited:

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
There is always going to be a better car that comes out. Always faster, better handling, safer, etc...

The new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross seems like the better car. Great replacement for the Evo. AWD, turbo charged engine, heads up display, and touchpad controller.
Uh... huh?

Different class, and questionably "better", or even a replacement for the EVO. It's a 152HP/184TQ SUV. Not arguing that some of the bells and whistles might be nice, but again, it's not really the same class.

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Uh... huh?

Different class, and questionably "better", or even a replacement for the EVO. It's a 152HP/184TQ SUV. Not arguing that some of the bells and whistles might be nice, but again, it's not really the same class.
Was being sarcastic. Plus I hate the way Mitsubishi bastardized the “Eclipse” name. What’ next...An Evo Cross?

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Was being sarcastic. Plus I hate the way Mitsubishi bastardized the “Eclipse” name.
Well, I completely missed the sarcasm... wooooooosh.

And I agree, Mitsubishi is making me sad since they are moving towards mostly SUV land, and just leaving the smaller cars as basic passenger vehicles. I always had a soft spot for the Eclipse even though they seemed to muck it up, year after year.

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I don’t like the direction Mitsubishi is going either. I dated a girl in college who had an Eclipse GST. It was a fun car, but for some reason she liked driving my ITR?

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Yes. I don’t like the direction Mitsubishi is going either. I dated a girl in college who had an Eclipse GST. It was a fun car, but for some reason she liked driving my ITR?
I would be seriously torn between those two (more of an affinity towards the GSX). The GST/GSX wasn't light comparatively, but it was fun and planted. The ITR was light, but wasn't the best DD. Both were up there on my wish list when I was in my 20s.

Back on topic though, I think I stated earlier that my speculation is that the CTR will be phased out until a later date for another technological advancement that Honda makes (For the US market, at least). However, Honda would be remiss to let their technology and engine dissipate into nothing - I see the Si being stepped up (or having an option) to a less aggressive 2.0 K20 engine/turbo setup, with more affordable bells and whistles to meet a $28k price point, and 240HP or over. Or somewhere around those numbers.

I guess we'll see what they do for '19 and '20...

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be seriously torn between those two (more of an affinity towards the GSX). The GST/GSX wasn't light comparatively, but it was fun and planted. The ITR was light, but wasn't the best DD. Both were up there on my wish list when I was in my 20s.

Back on topic though, I think I stated earlier that my speculation is that the CTR will be phased out until a later date for another technological advancement that Honda makes (For the US market, at least). However, Honda would be remiss to let their technology and engine dissipate into nothing - I see the Si being stepped up (or having an option) to a less aggressive 2.0 K20 engine/turbo setup, with more affordable bells and whistles to meet a $28k price point, and 240HP or over. Or somewhere around those numbers.

I guess we'll see what they do for '19 and '20...
Unfortunately that’s all we can do is wait until we get official word from Honda as to whether there will be a MY19 CTR. I hope the Si gets more too. Especially since the CTR is $10,000 more than the Si. B/C there is not a between vehicle from the Si and the Civic line. Most CTR’s owners hope Honda will continue to produce more CTR’s in the 10th Gen platform. I do too. The CTR is too good of a drivers car to have a short lifespan. All this talk about AWD might ruin the balance and dynamics of the current CTR and would it still be considered the fastest FWD vehicle in the world? I think you might be on to something about a less aggressive 2.0 K20 in the Si. Plus keep the moonroof, heated seats, and possible “sensing” system available for the Si to justify the $28K price point.

IDW if you replaced your exhaust system on your CTR, but if you look at the OEM exhaust, it looks like a lot of R&D went into producing the exhaust. It is a work of art. Just wish it had a better sound.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I might be in the minority... I kinda like the exhaust, even though part of me does wish it was a little more unruly; pops and whizzes in stock form would have been too much for it, but a little more grunt under acceleration in R+ would have been appreciated.

lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
I might be in the minority... I kinda like the exhaust, even though part of me does wish it was a little more unruly; pops and whizzes in stock form would have been too much for it, but a little more grunt under acceleration in R+ would have been appreciated.
Aftermarket Dp/fp combo with stock exhaust, helps it sound better. It's still quite, bit you get some pops and crackles when reving and on high rpm shifts

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Country flag
With highly likely 2019 civic refresh, CTR usually lags in getting updated which would lead to belief the there will be no 2019 CTR, but should come back as 2020 CTR as early as March 2019 (6 months into the 2019 model cycle)

Honda needs something between Si and CTR... dont care what you call it.. Si Sport or CTR Base thats around 250HP and under 28K for insprired daily drivers.

What bugs me is they already have Accord sport 2.0T 252HP/273TQ engine in production and available as parts bin to put into the Si. Now that would be ideal with plenty of tuning opportunities down the line.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag