1. OP
    OP
    randomwalk101

randomwalk101 Member

First Name:
    John
    Car(s):
    Prospect
    Markup just like the Rolex Daytona 116500 that I am trying to get. :)

2. DevilDoc8542

DevilDoc8542 Senior Member

First Name:
    Ty
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
    That sucks y’all are trying to help out future customers and another dealership is being greedy and not wanting to dealer trade. But who knows. Hopefully there are a few CTR’s enroute to the US and probably more sitting at the docks just waiting to get to your dealership.

fk8_#798 thanked this.
  3. fk8_#798

fk8_#798 Senior Member

First Name:
    pablo
    Car(s):
    2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged

Thanks man that’s what I’m hopping!

4. evolutionX

evolutionX Member

Car(s):
    EVO X CTR 15925
    unit there is a better sport car come out like next generation STI

5. DevilDoc8542

First Name:
    Ty
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
    #20 DevilDoc8542, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    There is always going to be a better car that comes out. Always faster, better handling, safer, etc...

The new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross seems like the better car. Great replacement for the Evo. AWD, turbo charged engine, heads up display, and touchpad controller.

6. MonkeyConQueso

MonkeyConQueso Senior Member

Systems Engineer
    First Name:
    Armand
    Car(s):
    2017 CTR
    Uh... huh?

Different class, and questionably "better", or even a replacement for the EVO. It's a 152HP/184TQ SUV. Not arguing that some of the bells and whistles might be nice, but again, it's not really the same class.

Meat Hammer thanked this.
  7. DevilDoc8542

First Name:
    Ty
    Car(s):
    Was being sarcastic. Plus I hate the way Mitsubishi bastardized the “Eclipse” name. What’ next...An Evo Cross?

Meat Hammer and MonkeyConQueso thanked this.
  8. MonkeyConQueso

Systems Engineer
    First Name:
    Armand
    Car(s):
    2017 CTR
    Well, I completely missed the sarcasm... wooooooosh.

And I agree, Mitsubishi is making me sad since they are moving towards mostly SUV land, and just leaving the smaller cars as basic passenger vehicles. I always had a soft spot for the Eclipse even though they seemed to muck it up, year after year.

17CivicTypeR_Brian thanked this.
  9. DevilDoc8542

First Name:
    Ty
    Car(s):
    Yes. I don’t like the direction Mitsubishi is going either. I dated a girl in college who had an Eclipse GST. It was a fun car, but for some reason she liked driving my ITR?

10. MonkeyConQueso

Systems Engineer
    First Name:
    Armand
    Car(s):
    2017 CTR
    I would be seriously torn between those two (more of an affinity towards the GSX). The GST/GSX wasn't light comparatively, but it was fun and planted. The ITR was light, but wasn't the best DD. Both were up there on my wish list when I was in my 20s.

Back on topic though, I think I stated earlier that my speculation is that the CTR will be phased out until a later date for another technological advancement that Honda makes (For the US market, at least). However, Honda would be remiss to let their technology and engine dissipate into nothing - I see the Si being stepped up (or having an option) to a less aggressive 2.0 K20 engine/turbo setup, with more affordable bells and whistles to meet a $28k price point, and 240HP or over. Or somewhere around those numbers.

I guess we'll see what they do for '19 and '20...

Meat Hammer and DevilDoc8542 thanked this.
  11. DevilDoc8542

First Name:
    Ty
    Car(s):
    Unfortunately that’s all we can do is wait until we get official word from Honda as to whether there will be a MY19 CTR. I hope the Si gets more too. Especially since the CTR is $10,000 more than the Si. B/C there is not a between vehicle from the Si and the Civic line. Most CTR’s owners hope Honda will continue to produce more CTR’s in the 10th Gen platform. I do too. The CTR is too good of a drivers car to have a short lifespan. All this talk about AWD might ruin the balance and dynamics of the current CTR and would it still be considered the fastest FWD vehicle in the world? I think you might be on to something about a less aggressive 2.0 K20 in the Si. Plus keep the moonroof, heated seats, and possible “sensing” system available for the Si to justify the $28K price point.

IDW if you replaced your exhaust system on your CTR, but if you look at the OEM exhaust, it looks like a lot of R&D went into producing the exhaust. It is a work of art. Just wish it had a better sound.

MonkeyConQueso thanked this.
  12. MonkeyConQueso

Systems Engineer
    First Name:
    Armand
    Car(s):
    2017 CTR
    I might be in the minority... I kinda like the exhaust, even though part of me does wish it was a little more unruly; pops and whizzes in stock form would have been too much for it, but a little more grunt under acceleration in R+ would have been appreciated.

13. lhonda200

lhonda200 Senior Member

First Name:
    Levi
    Car(s):
    2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
    Aftermarket Dp/fp combo with stock exhaust, helps it sound better. It's still quite, bit you get some pops and crackles when reving and on high rpm shifts

14. hollis

hollis Member

Car(s):
    Acura TL 3rd Gen
    With highly likely 2019 civic refresh, CTR usually lags in getting updated which would lead to belief the there will be no 2019 CTR, but should come back as 2020 CTR as early as March 2019 (6 months into the 2019 model cycle)

Honda needs something between Si and CTR... dont care what you call it.. Si Sport or CTR Base thats around 250HP and under 28K for insprired daily drivers.

What bugs me is they already have Accord sport 2.0T 252HP/273TQ engine in production and available as parts bin to put into the Si. Now that would be ideal with plenty of tuning opportunities down the line.

17CivicTypeR_Brian thanked this.
  15. Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever Rally Red EXT

Swimming pool tech
    First Name:
    Gene
    Car(s):
    99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe