Civic Type R at the track, goods and bads! Let's share our experience.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I use the two person method. One person pumps and the other mans the bleeder. Works great

Electronic parking brake doesn’t effect bleeding at all.
Sponsored

alex123

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR
Country flag
guys, my first post here!
have a '19 white
does anyone has experience with Enkei Tuning TS-V 18 x 9.5 ET40 and 265/35 rubber on the track? will it rub? do i need spacers? the suspension is bone stock. will use carbotech xp12 and xp8 and motul fluid.
thinking either BFgoodrich g-force r1s (slicks) or proxy r888r

OR should i go with 255/40?

color me gone

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
have a '19 white
does anyone has experience with Enkei Tuning TS-V 18 x 9.5 ET40 and 265/35 rubber on the track? will it rub? do i need spacers? the suspension is bone stock. will use carbotech xp12 and xp8 and motul fluid.

Hey Alex, I just put 255/35/20 on my 2019 stock suspension. nice fit no rub no spacers needed, they are on the stock wheels,I ran the stock cont's and they were just rolling over, I was going to Thompson CT last week but we got rained out, hopeing the taller more side wall will help. Have you been tracking yours yet?

Nathan.........

alex123

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR
Country flag
Hey Alex, I just put 255/35/20 on my 2019 stock suspension. nice fit no rub no spacers needed, they are on the stock wheels,I ran the stock cont's and they were just rolling over, I was going to Thompson CT last week but we got rained out, hopeing the taller more side wall will help. Have you been tracking yours yet?

Nathan.........
hey Nathan, i am in Northeast as well! have not tracked it yet, picked it up in May. i am going to keep stock wheels/tires for the street. see you at Thompson, Palmer, NH or LRP in July and August

if anyone tracked Enkei Tuning TS-V 18 x 9.5 ET40 and 265/35 BFgoodrich g-force r1s, please let me know.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
have a '19 white

You shouldn't be rubbing on that set up. I'm not running Enkeis but I do have a similar size wheel (ZE40's 18x9.5 +38). I ran BFGOODRICH R1s in 265/35/18 this past weekend and I didn't rub. The R888R's should definitely not rub. Even if you ran something wider like Yokohama A052s, you shouldn't rub.

No spacers needed.

Also, there are a few key things to note...

First off, for my car, we did trim the rear fenders. They were slightly rubbing under load (had a passenger and a roll cage so about 200+ lbs in the car). Without a passenger, car was not rubbing.

Second, I have a full coilover suspension on my car so I imagine my car is significantly lower. I think we dropped about 1.5 - 2" from stock height.

Last edited:

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Btw. Here are two pictures before and after my suspension lowered my car. I wasn't able to measure it but you can see how much of a drop it is.

Before drop:
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R at the track, goods and bads!  Let's share our experience. Qyq805

After drop:
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R at the track, goods and bads!  Let's share our experience. 0ORpkm

alex123

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR
Country flag
You shouldn't be rubbing on that set up. I'm not running Enkeis but I do have a similar size wheel (ZE40's 18x9.5 +38). I ran BFGOODRICH R1s in 265/35/18 this past weekend and I didn't rub. The R888R's should definitely not rub. Even if you ran something wider like Yokohama A052s, you shouldn't rub.

No spacers needed.

Also, there are a few key things to note...

First off, for my car, we did trim the rear fenders. They were slightly rubbing under load (had a passenger and a roll cage so about 200+ lbs in the car). Without a passenger, car was not rubbing.

Second, I have a full coilover suspension on my car so I imagine my car is significantly lower. I think we dropped about 1.5 - 2" from stock height.
thanks!
what are you running for pads for R1S? i am thinking xp12 and xp8....

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thanks!
what are you running for pads for R1S? i am thinking xp12 and xp8....
Endless MX72s all around. Super expensive but they're worth it if your car is street driven because they stop well and don't squeal.

Going to switch to Winmax next. Killed my front brakes. Especially the passenger side. I think it's track related as there 3 other cars with similar brake fade.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackjunkies.org
Vehicle(s)
08 S2000 CR / 99 Spec Miata / 99 WRL Miata / 18 Type R
Country flag
Bringing this one back from the dead...some of you guys that are hitting the track hard, is the electronic parking brake stopping you from doing proper bleed procedures? I have tracked cars in the past and one thing I love is the nice stiff pedal of the CTR. What procedure are you guys using for bleeding? What brake bleeder? Thanks in advance for the info.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/brake-bleed-sequence.37270/

I use the classic “girlfriend” bleeder on the brakes while I rotate. E-brake engage / disengage a few times and bleed out rears again.

thaiphob25

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R # 00054
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tip: dont forget to put your CTR in R mode...i ran a 2:08 lap at Laguna Seca because i was in sport mode :doh:

frostylfe

Former CTR Owner
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
My CTR goes into limp mode whenever my gas tank is less than half full and I always get overheating issues even though I have upgraded to a Mishimoto Intercooler. I recently ordered the ebay special grill to get more airflow into the engine; let's see if that helps. If not, I'm thinking I might have to get an upgraded oil cooler and turbo blanket.

For reference, I'm running Mishimoto Intercooler and Intake, PRL front and downpipe, Greddy SP HG exhaust, Ktuner v1.2, Eibach front and rear sway bars, Eibach Pro Springs, Project Mu Club racer pads, Titan TS5's on RC1's 265/35/18, SRF brake fluid, and aftermarket rotors (forgot the brand).

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
My CTR goes into limp mode whenever my gas tank is less than half full and I always get overheating issues even though I have upgraded to a Mishimoto Intercooler. I recently ordered the ebay special grill to get more airflow into the engine; let's see if that helps. If not, I'm thinking I might have to get an upgraded oil cooler and turbo blanket.

For reference, I'm running Mishimoto Intercooler and Intake, PRL front and downpipe, Greddy SP HG exhaust, Ktuner v1.2, Eibach front and rear sway bars, Eibach Pro Springs, Project Mu Club racer pads, Titan TS5's on RC1's 265/35/18, SRF brake fluid, and aftermarket rotors (forgot the brand).
I think the mishi is too big. Everyone who has a mishi IC is reporting overheating and my guess would be that it’s blocking air from getting to the rad. Your tune also will get your ECTs up without better cooling solutions.

Limp mode with half tank is normal for me too. I end up topping off fuel after every session now

frostylfe

Former CTR Owner
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I think the mishi is too big. Everyone who has a mishi IC is reporting overheating and my guess would be that it’s blocking air from getting to the rad. Your tune also will get your ECTs up without better cooling solutions.

Limp mode with half tank is normal for me too. I end up topping off fuel after every session now
But that gets pretty pricey and time consuming. There has to be a better solution than constant runs to the petrol station on the side of the track that up-charges $1.50 more for 93 octane.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
But that gets pretty pricey and time consuming. There has to be a better solution than constant runs to the petrol station on the side of the track that up-charges $1.50 more for 93 octane.
I have two 5 gallon jugs that I use to fill up at the track. Check out the VP jugs

chibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si Sedan, 2002 S2000
Country flag
Anyone running one of these in TT4? Just curious if it can be a locally competitive car.

I see there is one classed TT3 in SoCal with a claimed 325whp NASA average and 2900lb weight, but we all know that you max out your classing so you don't get DQ'd on the scale or mobile dyno.
Sponsored