First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An energy green Si will definitely be interesting. I would never buy one, but it makes me happy that they decided to use it on the Si. Looks like the Type R gets a similar color to the prototype too!

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Paint codes!!!

IMG_1617.JPG
To think this whole time we have been calling it "Championship White" and in reality it is "Chanpionship White". So really the only type R specific color at this point in time is CW. Polished metal metallic, is that only available on the hatch?

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
CTR paint codes are definitely less, and different here in the States & Canada in comparisons to the color chart offered in Geneva (Euro specs models).
We get 5; Euro appears to get 6 paint codes per Inside Lane video.

Brilliant Sporty Blue (Euro)
Sonic Gray (Euro)

OP
OP

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
To think this whole time we have been calling it "Championship White" and in reality it is "Chanpionship White". So really the only type R specific color at this point in time is CW. Polished metal metallic, is that only available on the hatch?
Polished metal metallic is a hatch exclusive color

OP
OP

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
It was also on the 9th gen Type R

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Some additional info about the SI. I think CTR info should be coming soon.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/si-colors-full-sales-guide.10583/

• L15B7 1.5L Turbocharged DOHC 4-cylinder engine with direct injection plus intake and exhaust Variable Timing Control (VTC)
    • 205hp@5700 RPM.
    • 192lb-ft@@2100-5000 rpm
    • 6500rpm redline
  • 28/38/32 mpg (City/Highway/Combined) for both Si Coupe and Si Sedan
  • Premium Unleaded Fuel is Recommended, Regular Unleaded Fuel is Required
  • 12.39 gallon fuel tank
  • Si Sedan is listed at 2906lb curb weight. No number is provided for the Si Coupe.
  • 6-speed manual transmission with helical limited slip differential
  • Adaptive damper system
  • Dual-pinion variable-ratio electric power steering (EPS)
  • 18" alloy wheels
  • P235/40 R18 all-season tires
  • Available high-performance summer-only tires
  • 12.3" front brake rotors (upsized from 11.1")
  • Lightweight Si sport front seats with red stitching
  • 450-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers, including subwoofer
  • Apple Carplay/Android Auto
  • HD Radio
  • Sirius XM Radio
  • Bluetooth and USB interface
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel
  • Aluminum and leather shift knob
  • Aluminum pedals
  • Smart Entry and push button start
  • One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Some interesting weight info.

LX sedan MT: 2742
SI sedan MT: 2906
Difference: 164

LX hatch MT: 2822
CTR: ???

Additional weight from CTR: engine, motor, wheels, suspension, body kit, additional reinforcements.

Weight removed: lighter hood, spare wheel removed (~35lbs). This is probably around 70lbs in weight savings.

If I had to guess, the CTR is closer to 30xx-31xx.

Last edited:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I think the difference between base and touring will be minimal. For example, I don't it'll be as huge as going from sport to sport touring.

It'll still be a Type R no matter which trim you get. Meaning, it still won't have a moonroof, it'll still have the aggressive seats, etc.

I think the only difference will be the navi and premium audio, and MAYBE heated seats.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I think the difference between base and touring will be minimal. For example, I don't it'll be as huge as going from sport to sport touring.

It'll still be a Type R no matter which trim you get. Meaning, it still won't have a moonroof, it'll still have the aggressive seats, etc.

I think the only difference will be the navi and premium audio, and MAYBE heated seats.
I think it will be navi and premium audio.. Cant see heated seats being an option. And the only reason I say that is because the Type Rs that have had at the car shows have been fully loaded, even had wireless charging pads installed. If they were going to offer heated seats, I have to think they would have had that option installed on the show car.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm pretty sure all the CTR's will come with the 7" display audio supporting Android Auto/Apple CarPlay... I remember Honda saying it would be standard and not "available" on these cars... then again, they said specifically that the CTR would launch in Touring Trim ONLY... very choice words were used... ALL Si's will launch with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay from what I've seen along with the 450 watt sound system... I doubt the CTR would come with less than the Si even in base form...

Personally, I cannot grab a base knowing a "Touring" trim was out there... And i'm sure the MSRP won't be very far apart considering none of them will come with Honda Sensing ($1k difference on all other Civics)...
Sponsored