Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
Thanks again. FYI, there is no rush on this. The Type R hasn't been assigned a class by the SCCA yet AFAIK - so competitors won't need rims for 'serious' (national) competition until next year. In addition, the class assigned will directly affect how much interest there will be in competing with the Type R in SCCA Solo, and thus, demand for rims.

OTOH, for track use and time trials, people are going to want the smallest diameter (18"?) and widest rim width fitments that require no fender rolling/modification and keep the tires covered by the fenders, as those are the criteria many (all?) time trial organizations use for determining classification.

ETA: wrote the above before I saw:

Thanks again muchly for investigating. I was suspecting that the best bet would be an existing 19x8.5 Porsche Boxster/Cayman front rim fitment (ET55 or ET60) on a rim that could be drilled for 5x120 instead of the Porsche 5x130.
Yes it can definitely be made, but for that specific size there hasn't been a need until now. I'll shoot out some emails to get the wheels going, either way something like this would likely take a while. Even if we put an order in the wheels would not arrive until next year. But keep me posted if there are any changes or any other size you think would be desirable for competition
Sponsored

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Yes it can definitely be made, but for that specific size there hasn't been a need until now. I'll shoot out some emails to get the wheels going, either way something like this would likely take a while. Even if we put an order in the wheels would not arrive until next year. But keep me posted if there are any changes or any other size you think would be desirable for competition
The one other thing - and this isn't necessarily competition specific - is to have hub-centric rims. Adapter rings for BMW fitments is fine but gets old real fast if you're changing tires for every day of competition.

To be honest, I was initially kind of surprised that there aren't more fitments as I believe Tesla's have the same bolt pattern and centre-bore. However, I see now that the demand from Tesla owners for aftermarket rims isn't as big as I thought.

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The one other thing - and this isn't necessarily competition specific - is to have hub-centric rims. Adapter rings for BMW fitments is fine but gets old real fast if you're changing tires for every day of competition.

To be honest, I was initially kind of surprised that there aren't more fitments as I believe Tesla's have the same bolt pattern and centre-bore. However, I see now that the demand from Tesla owners for aftermarket rims isn't as big as I thought.
I'll add that to the list of wants, shouldn't be too hard to convince since the CTR specs will be pretty specific to the chassis.

And you are right about the Model S, never really took off.

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

romiata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1699, 2011 Honda CR-Z (sold recently), 2006 Scion xB, 1992 Mazda Miata (sold recently)
Wanted to thank Kamispeed again for this awesome set up! 18x9+50 Volk TE37 Saga's :spaz:

My Planes, Trains, and Automobiles tribute lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide DSC_9589

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide DSC_9731

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide DSC_9760

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide DSC_9799

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide DSC_9811

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide DSC_9922

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
HRE FlowForm FF15 Wheels (Finished in Tarmac) in 19x9.5 ET42 (21.80lbs/ea) wrapped in 265/35/19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Big thanks to Graham Rahal Performance for this one!
Wheels look great, you guys make some quality wheels!

Any issues with rubbing from the driver? This seems like it could be the most aggressive size without rubbing issues, can you confirm?

HRE_Jurrian

HRE Performance Wheels
First Name
Jurrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Wheels look great, you guys make some quality wheels!

Any issues with rubbing from the driver? This seems like it could be the most aggressive size without rubbing issues, can you confirm?
Right after we put these wheels on, we put four people in the car including myself and drove around our parking lot to see if we experienced any rubbing. We also took it up and down driveways at weird angles to see if we had any issues there. The rear over-fender requires slight trimming to avoid rubbing at compression The tires we tested were 265/35/19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports though which run wider than a lot of other tires in the same size, so you may not experience rubbing with another brand that is naturally more narrow, or you can option 255/35/19 tires instead and avoid any issues whatsoever by using that size.

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Right after we put these wheels on, we put four people in the car including myself and drove around our parking lot to see if we experienced any rubbing. We also took it up and down driveways at weird angles to see if we had any issues there. The rear over-fender requires slight trimming to avoid rubbing at compression The tires we tested were 265/35/19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports though which run wider than a lot of other tires in the same size, so you may not experience rubbing with another brand that is naturally more narrow, or you can option 255/35/19 tires instead and avoid any issues whatsoever by using that size.
Extremely useful information, thank you very much!!! Michelin PSS do run a bit wide so that's expected, but over all that fitment looks spot on. Thank you!

Also, any other wheels you guys get fitted please post up!
Sponsored