GrahamRahalPerformance

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, NSX....
Country flag
No offence intended, but I would say that R101's would fall under most autocrosser's definition of "crazy expensive." HRE FlowForms are more like it pricewise, but are they available in 19x8.5 with ET53 or greater?
No offense taken, but its my job as a Performance shop to provide my customers with the absolute best quality for their vehicles. I will not sell products that I don't believe in, and that aren't performance and engineering driven. So, if you want the best, yes it can be pricey, but it will also be the best you can get.

My entire purpose of this business is to share my passion, enthusiasm and love for tuning and cars. My real business is racing, this is a passion that I started just to bring the highest levels of quality to an industry that sometimes lacks that and lacks integrity. My goal isn't to sit here and sell you something just to do it, i don't believe in that, if you want the best than let us know!
Sponsored

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We now have available HRE R101 LW! Not only are they .5 of an inch wider than stock (20x9) but they weigh in at 17.8 lbs vs stock at 29.75. Total weight savings is 48 lbs!!! Unbelievable. Call us if interested, we can do any finish for you! 19s or 20s.
IMG_4123.JPG
IMG_4124.JPG
IMG_4125.JPG
At what cost did this HRE wheel go to get down to 17.8lbs???
Not even Rays Engineering wheels at 20" dip that low.

GrahamRahalPerformance

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, NSX....
Country flag
At what cost did this HRE wheel go to get down to 17.8lbs???
Not even Rays Engineering wheels at 20" dip that low.
Nothing has been sacrificed. Great machining, great quality and no extra fat. I have these on my personal 911R as well as several clients cars and they're amazing!

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nothing has been sacrificed. Great machining, great quality and no extra fat. I have these on my personal 911R as well as several clients cars and they're amazing!
What stress tests can you share?

What standard do these wheels meet? JWL? JWL+R?

Rays shares it on their site:

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide IMG_3006.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide IMG_3005.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide IMG_3003.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide IMG_3004.PNG

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
Please get some rims made for the auto cross guys. We have to follow class regulations so we have to stay stock width and can only have an offset change of + or - 7 and minus one on the rim. So 19x8.5 +53 in bronze or white don't really care what the brand is as long as they aren't crazy expensive.
could the same be said about 18's? Only reason is that 18's will surely be cheaper than 19's and should be easier to find more wheel options. Got a price range?

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
could the same be said about 18's? Only reason is that 18's will surely be cheaper than 19's and should be easier to find more wheel options. Got a price range?
Sorry, SCCA limits rims to +/- 1" diameter change, no change in width, and 7mm max change in offset. Thus, 19x8.5 ET53+

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well that seems silly.. isn't it just a color?
So Rays is a huge company, over 90% of their business is large batch wheel manufacturing for OEM applications (for example they make all the OEM 370Z wheels). So their motorsport division consists of less than 10% of their total sales. They have a set list of wheels in their catalogue which is the majority of their sales in the division.

So their accommodation for custom wheels is under 1% of their total sales. Bringing back something like the CE28N Japan Time Attack is not only the finish but also the tooling and mold for the wheel. The red lip also requires special tooling and most likely a process that they no longer use. So it could be more of something that they won't do rather that they cant, since it's just too much of a hassle and honestly not really worth it for them. The other option is that they may just don't want to make it to detract from wheels they currently make. They did just release the ZE40 Time Attack Edition...

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide 36126305846_b430fc8ba5_b

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry, SCCA limits rims to +/- 1" diameter change, no change in width, and 7mm max change in offset. Thus, 19x8.5 ET53+
I'll look into some options, got a price range you wanted to stay within?

FK8 Twigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #01007
Country flag
So Rays is a huge company, over 90% of their business is large batch wheel manufacturing for OEM applications (for example they make all the OEM 370Z wheels). So their motorsport division consists of less than 10% of their total sales. They have a set list of wheels in their catalogue which is the majority of their sales in the division.

So their accommodation for custom wheels is under 1% of their total sales. Bringing back something like the CE28N Japan Time Attack is not only the finish but also the tooling and mold for the wheel. The red lip also requires special tooling and most likely a process that they no longer use. So it could be more of something that they won't do rather that they cant, since it's just too much of a hassle and honestly not really worth it for them. The other option is that they may just don't want to make it to detract from wheels they currently make. They did just release the ZE40 Time Attack Edition...

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide 36126305846_b430fc8ba5_b
This looks really good.. would love this in white