Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Focal F04 18x8 with Michelin X-Ice Xi3 235/45R-18 tires, 48mm offset, 24 lbs. each.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide IMG_0069

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide IMG_0059

R-09203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I really like this. Didn't know stripping and powder coating was that "cheap." I'll probably be copying this setup in the future.

Only thing I noticed is that the long term cost analysis seems a bit off. I'm sure the exact pricing has changed but it seems like for stock wheels you including mount/balance and for the PS4S you only included tire cost.

Best price I've found for stock tires when including mount/balance is at my dealership.

Also, if you consider the third option of 245/30R20 PS4S on stock wheels, then it will be about 480k miles before breaking even on tires...assuming the stock rims survive very long and ignoring the weight savings of the NSX wheels.

View attachment 123215

View attachment 123216
I hope you do get a set of the NSX wheels. They lighten the steering considerably and (for me) tick all of the boxes!! I'm happy with the black, but do sometimes wonder what a nice bronze would look like...

I looked at the analysis just to verify, but I did indeed include mount/balance/alignment for all three options. The prices were dictated by the current cost to replace OEM tires via the Honda dealer, and what I actually paid to assemble my wheel and tire package. I waited until TireRack offered free shipping, and as a bonus received a $70 rebate card from Michelin (this savings was NOT in the calculations).

The only concern yet to verify, is tirelife on the Michelin PS4S tires. Another user (jasonjm) noted that he was not able to reach the warrantied PS4S mileage (30k). So, we'll see if my estimate reflects reality. So far, the treadwear has been exceptional. I will share specific values in the future.

A few small notes on refinishing NSX wheels: I was told that there are only a few places in the country where you can have the OEM finish removed properly. Also, as the wheels are forged and susceptible to heat damage, ensure that your powdercoater is experienced with forged aluminum.

Thanks for the comments!!

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
I hope you do get a set of the NSX wheels. They lighten the steering considerably and (for me) tick all of the boxes!!
Yes, I hope so too! It looks like I'll get about 12-15k out of the stock tires so it'll probably be end of next summer before I decide.

I noticed that the NSX doesn't show up on the honda estore. Did you have to do anything to say you own an NSX when ordering through another source?

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Curious as to why people have been using 255/35/18 when 255/40/18 is much closer to OEM diameter and gives a less than 1% error in the speedometer?

R-09203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, I hope so too! It looks like I'll get about 12-15k out of the stock tires so it'll probably be end of next summer before I decide.

I noticed that the NSX doesn't show up on the honda estore. Did you have to do anything to say you own an NSX when ordering through another source?
No, you don't have to provide proof of NSX ownership. Here's the link to order, these guys do a great job. Maybe give them a call in advance and ensure that they can source the wheels. A vendor on this website tanked the national supply by ordering every single wheel in stock a number of months ago. Now, it appears that the wheels are available again.

https://www.acurapartsnow.com/auto-...rim/dct-engine/chassis-cat/wheel-disk-ka-scat

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Curious as to why people have been using 255/35/18 when 255/40/18 is much closer to OEM diameter and gives a less than 1% error in the speedometer?
The more sidewall, the floatier the car gets. Most people are going for 35 aspect as opposed to 40 for that simple reason.

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Finally put em on!

TE37OG 18x9.5 +38 Falken Azenis RT615K 265/35/18
Lowered on swift springs spec-r

received_513813859085121.jpeg

received_1380649922072510.jpeg
Looks great! Are these technically the same was the 18x10 +41 set?

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Country flag
No, you don't have to provide proof of NSX ownership. Here's the link to order, these guys do a great job. Maybe give them a call in advance and ensure that they can source the wheels. A vendor on this website tanked the national supply by ordering every single wheel in stock a number of months ago. Now, it appears that the wheels are available again.

https://www.acurapartsnow.com/auto-...rim/dct-engine/chassis-cat/wheel-disk-ka-scat
Can you find the part number for the wheel? Did you order the rings from here as well? Also, the rims are shipped in the gunmetal color correct?
Sponsored