Civic Type R #1037 in Polished Metal Metallic

thisguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler 4D, 1978 Honda Hawk
Country flag
Congrats! This made me more excited for my PMM!

Quick question: What's the mat on the dash from the first pic from your "First trip to Honda R&D in Ohio!" post?
Did you put that there or is that actually in the dash? Is it just a sticky pad for phones, etc...?

Thanks for the posts!
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Congrats! The hope for a no ADM future is looking good. If you can find one to buy that is.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Congrats! This made me more excited for my PMM!

Quick question: What's the mat on the dash from the first pic from your "First trip to Honda R&D in Ohio!" post?
Did you put that there or is that actually in the dash? Is it just a sticky pad for phones, etc...?

Thanks for the posts!
That is a speaker

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good job and congrats on the beautiful civic! Thank you for not paying a dime over MSRP. Don't be like those guys!

OP
OP
InitialDougie

InitialDougie

1st PMM CTR delivery & only 2017 Sold @ MSRP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, RSX Type S, CTR
Country flag
Good job and congrats on the beautiful civic! Thank you for not paying a dime over MSRP. Don't be like those guys!
I have been at the table for 2 years, and we agreed on MSRP in January this year. I was nervous as hell reading all the stories about dealers backing out but Germain Honda of Dublin kept their word. I was fully prepared to walk away if they played any games too - luckily it didn't come to that.

Honestly this is the way Honda wants it, selling their reputation car to owners who want it at the price they stated. I'll be happy when the hype dies down and we see how many people really want these. I hope the CTR is incredibly successful in the USA and they sell all of them!

Last edited:

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
In one photo it looked like someone was cleaning the wheels. You didn't happen to let them wash the car did you?

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have been at the table for 2 years, and we agreed on MSRP in January this year. I was nervous as hell reading all the stories about dealers backing out but Germain Honda of Dublin kept their word. I was fully prepared to walk away if they played any games too - luckily it didn't come to that.

Honestly this is the way Honda wants it, selling their reputation car to owners who want it at the price they stated. I'll be happy when the hype dies down and we see how many people really want these. I hope the CTR is incredibly successful in the USA and they sell all of them!
I too am nervous hearing all these stories. My salesman assured me that it is MSRP. I will find out between today and thursday.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Mine was msrp.. unroll 2 assholes with open wallets came in offering anything they wanted to not sell me the car. That ended up putting 1200 adm on me... but I got the car and they went home empty handed. But assholes cost me 1200.. but dealer gave me 7 year 100k warrenty included so.. basically came out under msrp since w arrenty value was 2200

Last edited: