17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Hey everyone,

We all know this is not a drag car... but tell that to the guy behind me in the staging lanes driving an Audi Q5. or the guy in the Ford Aerostar in front of me...

That said, some of us are going to try maybe once or twice if for nothing else but to get an idea of trap speed.

If you're going to add, please include as much data as you can, setup of the car, and track location & elevation if known.

I'll start-

Cecil County Dragway October 18 2017
55°F elevation about 100' or less.

14.035 at 104
2.35 60'

I had 2 bags of luggage in the trunk, 1/2 tank of fuel, unknown tire pressure. Something isn't right - either the tach does not keep up with the engine, or the engine does not rev as high as we thought. I was bouncing hard off the rev limiter in 3 gears. I think just short-shifting (but not double clutching!!!) would probably be good to get me down under 13.9 and up to maybe 105.
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,

We all know this is not a drag car... but tell that to the guy behind me in the staging lanes driving an Audi Q5. or the guy in the Ford Aerostar in front of me...

That said, some of us are going to try maybe once or twice if for nothing else but to get an idea of trap speed.

If you're going to add, please include as much data as you can, setup of the car, and track location & elevation if known.

I'll start-

14.035 at 104
2.35 60'

I had 2 bags of luggage in the trunk, 1/2 tank of fuel, unknown tire pressure. Something isn't right - either the tach does not keep up with the engine, or the engine does not rev as high as we thought. I was bouncing hard off the rev limiter in 3 gears. I think just short-shifting (but not double clutching!!!) would probably be good to get me down under 13.9 and up to maybe 105.
I came out to Cecil County on Wednesday. Was looking for some 10th generation Civics and didn't see any. Sorry I didn't get to see you run. Thanks for posting this info up. Maybe I will run into you sometime in the future. It was WAY to many cars for a Wednesday too. I got there around 8:30pm.

BTW: I was racing a 2010 Toyota RAV4 (Maroon color). :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I came out to Cecil County on Wednesday. Was looking for some 10th generation Civics and didn't see any. Sorry I didn't get to see you run. Thanks for posting this info up. Maybe I will run into you sometime in the future. It was WAY to many cars for a Wednesday too. I got there around 8:30pm.

BTW: I was racing a 2010 Toyota RAV4 (Maroon color). :)
Ahh by 8:30 I was gone. I needed to get to the wine store over in Cockeysville - Hunt Valley? I didn't want to cut it close so I didn't do a 3rd pass.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you go out to Cecil again, I'd be happy to come out and record a run or two (If I'm off work and have no plans). Actually at least one guy I talked to there (He was running a Kia Optima in the low 13's/high 12's) said he saw a Type R there...which had to have been you. Just shoot me a PM. I look forward to seeing up there. Here's my two runs from that night -->
086b539e181e43776d3cf80cd22b42f6.jpg

I am dying to see more real people Type R 1/4 mile times here as well. Will keep glued to the thread.
Sounds good man! I'll definitely post up here or in the Regional forum next time I get down there. It might be a while until I get there again...

If your friend saw a TypeR, yeah it was likely me. I didn't see any others there.
Did you see the stock-looking GTR run? Did he really run high 10's?!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If your friend saw a TypeR, yeah it was likely me. I didn't see any others there.
Did you see the stock-looking GTR run? Did he really run high 10's?!
Yes he did! I'll be out there tonight after work. The temp is forecasted to be 62F, dropping down to 52F by 10pm. Also the air density forecast is 732ft dropping down to about 98ft by the time the track closes. Prime time for some good numbers. Come on out! ;)

And anyone else for that matter that may be nearby.

Xcell

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
I ran 13.7 @109 last week. Car wheel hops terrible.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R 1/4 mile times 20171027_215043

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Y'all think the CTR wheel hops, the Integra Type R felt like it was going to break the dash it hopped so bad on Falken Azenis. That car was the last FWD car I owned that I took to the strip. Just not worth breaking something due to hop.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I'll start-

14.035 at 104
2.35 60'

Care for a friendly matchup at Cecil County next Friday? It should be fun. I have my EX CVT Hatchback now. I'd like to match it up to a Type R. My base modifications should all be done by then. If you are down for this, I will take the night off work and make it to Cecil next Friday. This Friday I do not think they'll be open since the high temp will only be in the high 30's, with 15mph winds and 20mph gusts = Freezing. Let me know!

This is a CVT vs Type R call out. :doh::drive::crazy: Place your bets!

Last edited:

lol_ur_si

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #3983 - 2017 Accord Sport
Country flag
Took the Type R down the track at IFO today in Chandler, AZ. KN drop in filter, stock tune crap 91oct
75°
1145' elevation
13.75 @ 106.3 mph
2.3 60'
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R 1/4 mile times 20180311_124050

rey2300

Rey23
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #01928
Country flag
I plan on taking my Type R to the track once it warms up a little more. I have a challenge in to a co-worker that has a Focus RS. He definitely has the advantage but it's all for fun. I'll post numbers (unless I do really bad haha) once we're done.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Care for a friendly matchup at Cecil County next Friday? It should be fun. I have my EX CVT Hatchback now. I'd like to match it up to a Type R. My base modifications should all be done by then. If you are down for this, I will take the night off work and make it to Cecil next Friday. This Friday I do not think they'll be open since the high temp will only be in the high 30's, with 15mph winds and 20mph gusts = Freezing. Let me know!

This is a CVT vs Type R call out. :doh::drive::crazy: Place your bets!

Ooh! I’d like to! I don’t think the weather will be good but the real reason is I just won’t be able to next Friday. :/

Reactions: Myx

SandyEggoSi

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Rallye Red
Country flag
Guys, these are some really great slips!!! We all know the launches are going to be a challenge on 20" rims. What I'm looking at is the speed trap diff between 1/8 and 1/4 mile. From 81 to 109 on one car, 84 to 106 on another...with 2.3 sec 60ft times even!! It is said that every .1 sec saved at launch is good for .15 quicker E.T. So, u can do the math on that and see what a good launch will get you.

Anyway, I'm impressed and it looks like these Type R's pull pretty HARD in stock form even which should make for some nice roll on kills. =)

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Guys, these are some really great slips!!! We all know the launches are going to be a challenge on 20" rims. What I'm looking at is the speed trap diff between 1/8 and 1/4 mile. From 81 to 109 on one car, 84 to 106 on another...with 2.3 sec 60ft times even!! It is said that every .1 sec saved at launch is good for .15 quicker E.T. So, u can do the math on that and see what a good launch will get you.

Anyway, I'm impressed and it looks like these Type R's pull pretty HARD in stock form even which should make for some nice roll on kills. =)
I air down to 22psi on my stock firestone tires. I can nail 2.2 60's with a best of 2.18. I think on a set of Hankook Evo2's I might be able to get result.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This was at Gateway in ST. LOUIS.
Bogged the launch,(didnt want to roast the tires), and 1st to 2nd shift didnt go in at first, so I lost about .5 seconds), I did lose traction at high rpms in 2nd, and 3rd, but it gripped and went fine, until I got to the finish line. Not sure if I let up before or after the flags. We only got 1 run for low ET. If I got a few runs, it could be lower. This was for 1 lap of America. Car 68. The wife crumpled it up cause she thought it was a gas receipt. I yelled at her that it was my timeslip..LOL
roughly 355 HP and 380 TQ
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R 1/4 mile times 20180515_184456
Sponsored