Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I'm leaning to the Sport Hatch manual in Blue over the Si. They made some good changes on the Si but the body still looks a bit off with the tacked on style pieces in the rear and the HDMI exhaust. The Sport Hatch rear just works, probably because of the black rear diffuser and proper twin exhaust. It just blends together so much more. They also updated it's infotainment, Honda sensing, smart entry etc as well, which makes the Sport Hatch manual more compelling and a great bargain for just over 23,000 and it has incredibly useful cargo room. I'll probably keep this as my daily while I wait on the 11th gen Si to add to my garage.
Today I'd also pick the Sport hatch over Si sedan, but if they make a Si hatch I'd buy that yesterday.

The only advantages of the Sport over Si for me is the extra headroom, the hatchback and the better looks. Every time I have to pile the soccer bags on top of my work crap, I'm glad I have the hatch.
Sponsored

Last edited:

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Today I'd also pick the Sport hatch over Si sedan, but if they make a Si hatch I'd buy that yesterday.

The only advantages of the Sport over Si for me is the extra headroom, the hatchback and the better looks. Every time I have to pile the soccer bags on top of my work crap, I'm glad I have the hatch.
The new 2020 Si Sedan is fire :flame:

Sorry bro. I'd take it in a heartbeat over my 19 Si coupe.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
The new 2020 Si Sedan is fiire. Sorry bro. I'd take it in a heartbeat over my 19 Si coupe.
Really? My ride is 2018 SI Coupe and I do not see why to trade it in for a 2020. I would like Honda Sensing for the extra protection but I read that it is finicky. N

Note that mine is a Canadian version which came with LED and other convenience features.

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I guess I've been out of the loop, but I just realized today that the Sport Touring will be available as a 6MT for 2020. Weighing the pros/cons between that model & the Si. Obviously the Si has more power, adaptive dampers, plus its own unique interior treatment. Touring has leather...and what else?

Generally I prefer the hatch body style, but wondering what else I'd be missing if I went with the 2020 Si.
If it’s not an Si or a Type R, It’s just another civic.. when they see an Si or type r it makes them wonder what’s in it or admire the beauty of the car. They don’t do that with regular civics.

just my 2 cents

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Really? My ride is 2018 SI Coupe and I do not see why to trade it in for a 2020. I would like Honda Sensing for the extra protection but I read that it is finicky. N

Note that mine is a Canadian version which came with LED and other convenience features.
I'd trade as in even swap :D The cost to trade my 2 1/2 month old 19 doesn't make sense. I truly think the refresh gave the car the finishing touches it needed and made it dope AF though. There's no way I'd take any other civic other than an R over it. Even though the sport hatch is a very cool car.

Last edited:

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The new 2020 Si Sedan is fire :flame:

Sorry bro. I'd take it in a heartbeat over my 19 Si coupe.
not me. I’m okay with my 19Si. I came from a 19 Hatchback EX. Lane assist/lane watch all that fancy stuff they put into the 2020 didn’t really interest me. May be unpopular opinion but I like the honeycomb design of the fake vents of the 17-19 SIs over the flat with a trim look of the 2020.

Id either wait for 11th gen or jump ship to Hyundai and roll a veloster N. I hope they do away with the 3 door design because that Exhaust in N or custom mode with its antilag pops is music to my ears.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
I had a 2012 sonata and a 2015 turbo sonata. It was a fun car, but I had issues with both starting from 60k miles. I won't be going back to Hyundai.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I had a 2012 sonata and a 2015 turbo sonata. It was a fun car, but I had issues with both starting from 60k miles. I won't be going back to Hyundai.
I'm sorry you had issues, no way am I going to buy Hyundai either. Whenever I see a car with a Hyundai badge I just think of all the problems it's going to have after the newness wears off. I've only been buying Honda(and one Scion) since 1988, why stop now?

bikebit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 White Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you enjoy spirited driving, there really is no comparison. Si handles appreciably better, and LSD alone is worth it. I'd love a Hatch Si, but I'm not going to sacrifice the playfulness of the Si for it.

As to Hyundai's, I've owned and used many, and would not hesitate to buy again. Last one was Genesis Coupe 3.8 that I traded for 6th Gen Camaro, and never had any issues... Don't get brand loyalty, but to each their own.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
stronger rods and a lower compression ratio for higher peak boost
Although they do have stronger rods, the SI also has Oil squirters in the head for lubrication, more aggressive cam lobes, and a larger turbo inlet pipe, they are the same compression all around.

WhiteSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
One other nice feature of the Si is it has no options. This aids the resale value, as no one can say "It doesn't have the options I wanted." Just pick a color and ride! I considered going with a 17 or 18 Si used, but the depreciation was very minimal, so I went with the 19. (and got the coveted volume knob, LOL)

I could not believe the price for so much more performance/handling than the ST. I tested the CVT version also, but it just drove "blah!".

Leather is overrated. The Si seats just look special.
Sponsored