Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
One thing I'd consider too is that there seems to be more JDM aftermarket for the hatch if you're into that kinda thing. Companies like Mugen and Spoon (and even Blitz) make more parts for the FK7 hatch than the FC1 sedan.

But if exterior modding doesn't concern you, then I'd be inclined to go with the Si as the better bang for your buck.
Sponsored

SuperSoniC305

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport auto
Country flag
Why not the sport hatch. I saw this one at the dealer. It has a new screen with volume button. Keyless entry and push start. Honda safety sense. They got rid of all the cloth inserts on doors and armrest and has vinyl/pleather material. It really closed the gap between the touring and really basic sport hatch.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si 20190905_072508

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si 20190905_072413

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si 20190905_072439

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si 20190905_072326

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si 20190905_072403

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si 20190905_072458

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Touring hatch has leather, more cargo space, and increased tech.
I chose the Si sedan for its better handling, front seats, and adaptive dampers. I don't need all those extra sensors, and the larger rear-seat room was just a bonus.
Although I do prefer the dual-tip exhaust to my HDMI one.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
If the Civic didn't come in a hatch, I wouldn't be driving a Civic. The hatch looks way sportier than a sedan IMO, and has a bit of utility. Get 6MT, add Hondata/KT tune, SI springs and rear stabilizer and you have the car you want. I have the Sport Touring hatch 6MT and really enjoy it... the car I wanted.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si 20190816_152028

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I agree... but for me hatch > sedan; so I passed on performance
I love the hatch. If they made a hatch Si I'd be driving it right now. That being said.. I wouldn't trade my Si coupe for a hatch or touring model. The added power, suspension and lsd makes a big difference. I love the Si sedan but I'm not a huge fan of the styling. Those huge vents on the rear bumper and lack of a fitting spoiler made it a clear choice for me. And even though the couple is only about 20lbs lighter, it still felt sportier to me after driving both back to back.

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
IMO the hatch is fuggin ugly. Would never buy the R for that one reason. I'm a coupe guy.
I’m a coupe guy as well, and if the Si wasn’t such a bang for the buck, I would get a CUV like a Forester over a hatch.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
...Those huge vents on the rear bumper...
LOL... these were subject of some debate in the house... agree, they're not the best feature on the car, but they don't stand out so much on the darker car. :p

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
LOL... these were subject of some debate in the house... agree, they're not the best feature on the car, but they don't stand out so much on the darker car. :p
They should've put the touring bumper on. It's perfect

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love the hatch. If they made a hatch Si I'd be driving it right now. That being said.. I wouldn't trade my Si coupe for a hatch or touring model. The added power, suspension and lsd makes a big difference. I love the Si sedan but I'm not a huge fan of the styling. Those huge vents on the rear bumper and lack of a fitting spoiler made it a clear choice for me. And even though the couple is only about 20lbs lighter, it still felt sportier to me after driving both back to back.
If I didn’t have two car seats I would’ve gotten the Si coupe in a heartbeat.. even as a hatch guy, that rear end of the coupe is perfect... great choice

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally, I don’t like hatches but part of me does admire the practicality of it. I do think they look much sportier than sedan. I had a touring sedan as a rental a few years back. VERY nice car and I felt the acceleration was the same or better than the Si. The power difference is marginal. The Si is more curve focused if that makes sense at the expense of some everyday comfort. The LSD is priceless, as like their manuals, honda’s LSD is one of the best imo. It really shines on a curvy road. However, imo, any small car can be fun on a curvy road. So unless you want the edge in corner carving, I think you’d be happier in the more luxurious car that comes in the body style you like.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I want an Si hatch, would trade in for one, but don't really want to trade for a sedan. I appreciate the hatch every day.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Personally, I don’t like hatches but part of me does admire the practicality of it. I do think they look much sportier than sedan. I had a touring sedan as a rental a few years back. VERY nice car and I felt the acceleration was the same or better than the Si. The power difference is marginal. The Si is more curve focused if that makes sense at the expense of some everyday comfort. The LSD is priceless, as like their manuals, honda’s LSD is one of the best imo. It really shines on a curvy road. However, imo, any small car can be fun on a curvy road. So unless you want the edge in corner carving, I think you’d be happier in the more luxurious car that comes in the body style you like.

Where does it say it's faster than the Si? The Si has slightly better times and more usable tq to jet out of turns.

2019 Civic-ext Motortrend

made note of the Civic's smooth power delivery. We recorded a 0-60 mph time of 6.8 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 15.2. That's about a .4 or .5 behind the Si. Which is exactly what you'd expect with the hp/tq differences

Last edited:

2ndCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic si
Country flag
In addition to the lower power/torque, the sport touring has a ~40lb greater curb weight.
Sponsored

Last edited: