Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I guess I've been out of the loop, but I just realized today that the Sport Touring will be available as a 6MT for 2020. Weighing the pros/cons between that model & the Si. Obviously the Si has more power, adaptive dampers, plus its own unique interior treatment. Touring has leather...and what else?

Generally I prefer the hatch body style, but wondering what else I'd be missing if I went with the 2020 Si.
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I guess I've been out of the loop, but I just realized today that the Sport Touring will be available as a 6MT for 2020. Weighing the pros/cons between that model & the Si. Obviously the Si has more power, adaptive dampers, plus its own unique interior treatment. Touring has leather...and what else?

Generally I prefer the hatch body style, but wondering what else I'd be missing if I went with the 2020 Si.
Honestly if I was in your shoes the only thing I'd go on would be the body style I wanted. Clearly there's no Si hb so if I wanted a hatch, the touring would be the one for me. Other than that, I see the Si as the clear winner, imo. Cheaper and more performance oriented. Pretty sure the new Si comes with most of the touring stuff now even at a lower cost.

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really wanted stick and hatch, so I went with Sport hatch trim. I know the Touring is offered now 6MT as you mentioned, but I would go cheaper for Si before considering ST. I don’t care much for the interior creature comforts or technology.

I personally love my sport hatch for what it is. I took body style over the LSD, adaptive dampers and overall better performing car.

Good luck deciding between the two.

OP
OP
MaxPower

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Honestly if I was in your shoes the only thing I'd go on would be the body style I wanted. Clearly there's no Si hb so if I wanted a hatch, the touring would be the one for me. Other than that, I see the Si as the clear winner, imo. Cheaper and more performance oriented. Pretty sure the new Si comes with most of the touring stuff now even at a lower cost.
I'd prefer a hatch by a small margin, but I'd be fine with a sedan. So I'm having trouble making a decision on that basis alone.

So, based on the responses in this thread and the info I already have, it sounds like the advantages of each model are:

Sport Touring 6MT - leather, more speakers, body style (ymmv, depends on personal preference), front lip/side skirts
Si - adaptive suspension, LSD, more power, Si-exclusive interior treatment

...and the Si is like $2k less expensive? I feel like I must be missing something here, because the Si seems like a no-brainer. Do both cars have the same suite of Honda Sensing features?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
For 2020, the Si will have the sending suite, but it doesn't currently.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I went from the 6MT Hatch to the Si

Only thing you'll miss is the trunk space lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
you want the boring, conservative looking hatch, then get the hatch.
The Si is obviously the better performer but the ST hatch is hardly boring and conservative looking.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si dims
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Sport Touring 6MT vs Si dims (1)

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For 2020, the Si is missing leather and powered seats, navigation, better (?) sound system, and some trunk space vs a 2020 ST. You'll pay $3k more for the ST mainly due to the hatchback form and less power of course.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you want performance, get the si. you want the boring, conservative looking hatch, then get the hatch. your choice.
Sport hatch is more sporty and aggressive looking in my opinion. I've owned both (hatch first, Si now).

The 6MT Sport Touring will be very nice but it's going to cost a fair bit more than an Si and not have a lot of the sporty features... LSD, better suspension, more room to add power. I'd say you can't go wrong with either put if you plan on trying to do any sort of competitive driving the Si is going to really shine.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's going to be a lot harder to find the Sport Touring with the MT. I don't suspect there will be too many of them hitting dealer lots. A few. You might find one. The nice thing about the Si is every one that hits the lot is an MT. You'll have to do more searching for the Sport Touring and maybe won't be able to negotiate as good of a price. That would be my thought anyway. And sticker to sticker it is like $4k difference. The Sport Touring is just too expensive IMO for a Civic without a Type R badge.
Sponsored