minitech

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 4 door
Country flag
From the best i can tell i believe that i have figured out that Enkei still makes the SI and probably the Sport FC/FK Civic 18in alloy wheels. I found this parts diagram and information also looks like shipping weight is 29lbs possible 28lbs with out the box. I like Enkei even though they are on the heavy side but at least they can take a pothole every now and then. I am curious, how you feel these wheels holding up so far to potholes ? http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/9767857/Honda-Part-42700-TBF-A91-Aluminum-Wheel-Disk-18x8J-Enkei

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic SI Wheels OE Made by Enkei th_473651826_IMG_20181022_170325_Fotor_122_85lo
Sponsored

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
I hit a really bad pothole last week... the kind that sounds/feels like it just ripped your front tire off. So far no loss of air pressure in the tire so I must not have damaged the rim. I should really take a look at it to make sure everything's ok.

Stupefyer

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hit a fairly normal sized pothole a couple weeks ago. It destroyed my front passenger tire completely tear the sidewall and it also caused a bubble to form in the rear passenger tire. The rim was fine but I wasnt too happy about replacing two almost brand new continental tires not even a year into owning the car.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I hit a fairly normal sized pothole a couple weeks ago. It destroyed my front passenger tire completely tear the sidewall and it also caused a bubble to form in the rear passenger tire. The rim was fine but I wasnt too happy about replacing two almost brand new continental tires not even a year into owning the car.
Yeah, that's why I always get road hazard warranty from DTD when I buy tires now. Paid for itself three times over so far.

TheAsianNguyen

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Only SI trim levels have wheels made by Enkei, the sport trims have the same style/different color but are made by a different company (Asahi)

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
You should’ve invoked warranty

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic SI Wheels OE Made by Enkei IMG_0710.JPG
My Honda HPD wheels are made by Enkei and stamped so on the inside of the wheel. Not sure if the SI ones are stamped though.

OP
OP
minitech

minitech

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 4 door
Country flag
Only SI trim levels have wheels made by Enkei, the sport trims have the same style/different color but are made by a different company (Asahi)
Having worked for several OEMs myself including parts, i certainly believe it, they can change vendors just on date splits alone. lol Thanks for that clarity its nice to have fresh information i who makes our wheels.

OP
OP
minitech

minitech

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 4 door
Country flag
IMG_0710.JPG
My Honda HPD wheels are made by Enkei and stamped so on the inside of the wheel. Not sure if the SI ones are stamped though.
I didnt notice they were anywhere on mine, but i may pull them off when it warms up and recheck again.
Sponsored