Civic Si Vs Fiesta ST

1. TG-86

TG-86 Member

Car(s):
    Fiesta ST
    Just sold my Fiesta ST and looking for a replacement. The car was a lot of fun, but unfortunately it was in the shop too often for me to enjoy it. So, I'm hoping I can find something just as fun, but in a more reliable package. Curious if anyone here has gone from a FiST to an Si? If so, how is it in comparison? I know the interior is a lot better, but that's not a factor for me. Is the Si just as or more communicative? If it's as fun to daily and autocross, I'm going to go for it.

Thanks.

2. Civicsi19

Civicsi19 Member

Car(s):
    2019 Civic SI Sedan
    Civic SI Sedan is where its at brother. Get one and tune it right away.

3. SichuanHot

SichuanHot Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
    The 10th gen Si is better in every way. Having the mechanical LSD sets it apart from all the other FF layout offerings.

Honda_RacerX thanked this.
  4. VarmintCong

VarmintCong Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 6MT Sport hatch
    I think the Hyundai Veloster N would be more like a Fiesta ST than an Si. More raw and sporty.

xbbnx and Papayank thanked this.
  5. Papayank

Papayank Senior Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Car(s):
    Honda civic
    It's a civic forum of course 90% will say the Si

6. gtman

gtman Senior Member

CivicX addict
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Car(s):
    2017 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-L
    #6 gtman, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Good call. The N maintains the small hatchback form factor, too. Sort of a next level Fiesta ST.

7. xbbnx

xbbnx Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Si (Current), 2015 Honda Civic Si (Past)
    If you want something just as fun, actually funner, dont care about interior quality and want the best bang for your buck, the Veloster N is the answer. Even the non PP version is a hoot and a half!

8. SichuanHot

SichuanHot Senior Member

Car(s):
    Unfortunately, however, the Veloster N gets the worst fuel economy of this family of cars. To me it doesn't make sense to even consider it when you can move over to an awd or FR layout car that nets the same fuel consumption figures and better performance (NA market).

9. gtman

gtman Senior Member

CivicX addict
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Car(s):
    Not everybody's priority is fuel economy though.

Plus, in it's price range you won't find many cars that will be a better performer.

10. SHAYN3R

SHAYN3R Member

Millwright
    First Name:
    SHAYNE
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si
    My brother had a Cobb stage 1 fiesta ST and now drives a civic si Coupe and I drive an Si sedan. I've driven his old car enough to notice a few things.

The fiesta is more "tossable", a term many people use for it. Tossable doesn't mean better handling though. The fiesta actually felt fast because of the way the torque came on but stage 1 fist vs a ktuner si is no comparison. The si has much better top end. Also, the interior of the fist was tiny compared even to the si Coupe. The Si's get slightly better mileage. Interior quality is much better on the Si. Overall I would say the Si is the superior car in almost everyway except the fiesta has more character. There's something about it that makes it have this fun factor that very few cars can match.

Honda_RacerX, xbbnx and silverblip thanked this.
  11. gtman

gtman Senior Member

CivicX addict
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Car(s):
    I found this post on Reddit that would be of interest to the OP. The guy currenty has a Fiesta ST and test drove a base Veloster N and gave his feedback.

12. aighead

aighead Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
    My experience may not mean much as I've only sat in a Fiesta and driven a normal Focus wagon. I assume the Fiesta ST is a lot of fun due to the go kartedness of it. It's a tiny little car with adequate power, surrounded by barely anything, that really lets you feel everything outside. The Focus was certainly that way and while it was peppy and pretty fun to drive, it was less creature comforted than the Si and the SI feels much, much more solid on the road, and it still feels go karty because it's relatively small and twitchy when you want it to be.

13. Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Si
    The Si shits on the FiST in looks, performance, definitely RELIABILITY, handling, etc.

The Veloster N is a quick car but is about as reliable as the FiST.

14. SichuanHot

SichuanHot Senior Member

Car(s):
    Fuel economy is a concern if it's an only car. There are two cars that I can think of that one can get new for about the same price as a Veloster N that outperforms, and matches it in fuel economy: Camaro I4t 1LE, Mustang Ecoboost. 22/30 is inexcusable in a new FF car in 2019.

15. OP
    TG-86

TG-86 Member

Car(s):
    Fiesta ST
    I tried to test drive an Si Coupe on Friday, but unfortunately the car sold a couple hours before I got there. Going to try a different dealership on Monday.

The Veloster N would be perfect, and I imagine I'll have one at some point, just not now. I don't want to drop 30k on one, I'd rather wait a couple years and buy it used. Those will be a huge bargain once they depreciate a bit.

I work from home, so gas expense doesn't rack up as fast for me. Fuel economy won't be a deciding factor.