Civic Si vs 2019 Veloster Turbo

Tags:
  1. BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si
    yeah a lot of ppl say this and i get the reasoning, but in the case of the 10g si it wouldnt have even mattered if you bought the 2nd year of it as it was the exact same i every way.

2. jgreen16

jgreen16 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic EX-T 6MT
    brownie_button_magnet-r1efff0adf31741d79f0c0f01877a349f_x7js9_8byvr_630.jpg

87elco thanked this.
  3. ApexEight

ApexEight Senior Member

First Name:
    Anthony
    Car(s):
    2008 Honda Civic Si sedan
    The R-Spec is the only trim I would consider, outside of the N model. The R-Spec seems very comparable to the Si, and a slight step above the non-Sis, if you're looking something sporty. This new generation of sporty Hyundais are serious contenders in the space, but people will hate, naturally. I think the design looks great and the N is sick, and this is coming from someone that was really disappointed with his 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 6MT. Liked the way the car looked, but it didn't drive that well. Dealers are pricing R-Specs competitively, so they're very tempting. I like that they don't have sunroofs (easier to fit with a helmet), and are more compact but still have some utility with the 3rd door. The biggest con is that it doesn't have the heritage and aftermarket support of a Honda. That's a pretty big issue, imo.

4. mechanical42

mechanical42 Senior Member

Car(s):
    Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
    Veloster is just way too impractical of a car with that small trunk and only 2 small seats in the back. SI is just superior in every way with the coupe not being that much larger than the the Veloster.

xbbnx thanked this.
  5. SoCalCivicSI

SoCalCivicSI Car Addict

First Name:
    Jerry
    Car(s):
    2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2018 Aegean Blue, 6 Speed EX-T Civic Sedan, 2007 2.4 Auto Accord Sedan
    Yeah, there are exceptions to this rule BUT in the SI 10th gen case, if you waited until the 3rd year you get a most loved feature......a volume knob!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si
    I would love a volume knob i know a lot of ppl dont care about it but i would. also the fan control speed buttons would also be very convenient. dealing with the laggy infotainment screen as little as possible is my preference.

7. 87elco

87elco Senior Member

First Name:
    Tj
    Car(s):
    1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed
    Yeah I had a 2016 veloster turbo rspec it always would shut off on the highway but the dealer had no fix for it..my guess is wiring harness issue but wtf do I know

8. ablueSI

ablueSI Senior Member

Car(s):
    '18 Civic SI Sedan
    I haven't sat in it myself, but from photos and reviews, the Veloster's interior looks tragically plasticky. For me personally that is a dealbreaker.

9. japan617

japan617 Member

First Name:
    James
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Sport Sedan
    Oh it is... I test drove a Veloster Turbo Touring and the entire interior was plastic. for $26k

ablueSI thanked this.
  10. CivicChina

CivicChina Senior Member

Designer
    Car(s):
    Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
    Is our interior made of precious materials instead? I didn't notice:hmm:

11. JNRS

JNRS Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si Coupe
    I can one up you. I had a camaro and the entire interior was plastic for $38k!!! It can't be that bad. Were you focused on driving the vehicle or fondling the interior?

12. mechanical42

mechanical42 Senior Member

Car(s):
    Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
    Usually a cheap interior means the manufacturer is cutting corners in other areas as well that you can't see which affects performance and long term reliability. If they can cheapen out on what the customer can see and feel, what stops them from going with cheaper parts under the hood? Not all the time, but it definitely happens.

Also cheaper interior means it's more prone to rattles, road noise, fitment issues, long term wear and tear.

ablueSI, WOPSiWOT and xbbnx thanked this.