Civic si trunk dents

Jeffrey_Glynn

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Curious to see if anyone else is having issues with dents on the rear trunk. It is on the plastic piece that houses the "H" emblem. Cant get a picture of it at all but like I said its the piece located right above the license plate. It is plastic so they cant be pushed out. Dealership was going back and forth on replacing it and did not because they are hard to notice. Seems like the plastic is flexing, as the car sits in the garage most of the time and only notice after going for a quick ride. So anyone hitting it or leaning on it seems to be out of the question. Started off with just one but now seeing 2-3 dents/creases. I love this car but damn some of these parts seem pretty cheaply made.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Curious to see if anyone else is having issues with dents on the rear trunk. It is on the plastic piece that houses the "H" emblem. Cant get a picture of it at all but like I said its the piece located right above the license plate. It is plastic so they cant be pushed out. Dealership was going back and forth on replacing it and did not because they are hard to notice. Seems like the plastic is flexing, as the car sits in the garage most of the time and only notice after going for a quick ride. So anyone hitting it or leaning on it seems to be out of the question. Started off with just one but now seeing 2-3 dents/creases. I love this car but damn some of these parts seem pretty cheaply made.
I haven't noticed this on my trunk, but the body-colored trim piece located just above the grill and right in front of the hood on mine has always been wavy. There are "dents" in the plastic that appear to correspond with the mounting clips.

valas

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
I have noticed the same. I have two creases/dings to the left of the H and one on the right side. You have to catch them at a certain angle to initially notice them. They are all different sizes and look just like a slight ding would look on a door or hood. It would be an easy fix by a paintless dent shop if it were not plastic.
Sponsored