Civic Si Sedan Debuting at NY Auto Show

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Love that sedan - I don't really like the normal sedan but somehow in Si form it doesn't look so long, looks more beefy.
Sponsored

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I'm very hopeful that the Si will arrive in Spring. We'll be purchasing one and doing a full review and comparison tests with it before we start modifying it. :)

The tough question is: will we get a Coupe or Sedan??

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I'm very hopeful that the Si will arrive in Spring. We'll be purchasing one and doing a full review and comparison tests with it before we start modifying it. :)

The tough question is: will we get a Coupe or Sedan??
I'm going to say I'm 100% certain we will get the coupe first, then a sedan. But they could do both at once. But I'm sticking with coupe first though.

The_Fenix_2.0

Brett Bynes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Country flag
I'm ready for that sedan life. Maybe we'll see a few more spy shots before release? Sedan maybe? PLEASE.
I love how Honda thinks that the coupe Si is the only one that people want to see. Why couldn't they unveil the sedan and the coupe together?
Here's some renders of the sedan...
This is the only post I could find where a sedan Si was even rendered.

Personally I would never buy a coupe, let alone an Si coupe. No offense to the car itself, but if I'm gonna buy a coupe, why not let it be a Corvette, or an F-Type, or something like that. I immediately fell for the Si sedan because it was a pure sports car with 4 doors, that looked like a Civic. Everything I'd ever need.

I guess it's just been a really long wait...

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
The Si is going into production very shortly at the Alliston plant, just got word this evening that both the sedan & coupe are starting test production runs at this time and should be changing over to production ready units to go out to dealerships, sounds like we will see them in dealerships right after the NY Autoshow announcement. This from the same source who verified the 1.5 Turbo as well, so this information is very reliable.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Sedan Debuting at NY Auto Show 2017_honda_civic_si_coupe_mg_6916_720
My local dealer essentially confirmed this today after being at the CIAS on the weekend. Looks like I'll be in my black coupe by late April. :)

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Personally I would never buy a coupe, let alone an Si coupe. No offense to the car itself, but if I'm gonna buy a coupe, why not let it be a Corvette, or an F-Type, or something like that. I immediately fell for the Si sedan because it was a pure sports car with 4 doors, that looked like a Civic. Everything I'd ever need.

I guess it's just been a really long wait...
Same. Nothing against those that love their Coupes, but this generation Civic is far too big for a Coupe imo. Coupes should either be small and nimble (what old Hondas used to be), or an RWD sports car. A coupe this generation is just too big for me to want

My local dealer essentially confirmed this today after being at the CIAS on the weekend. Looks like I'll be in my black coupe by late April. :)
Yet when higher up Honda reps were in Houston for the superbowl, my dealership asked about the Si and he said he had no idea. Not a "I can't say anything" kind of answer, a literal "I really have no idea". I'm expecting a really late release this year, most likely a 2018 model year

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just saw a coupe in person yesterday, and it was the first time I got to get up close and really get a look at the body style; it looks MUCH better in person. I completely agree with @exyia on the comment about them being big, but I have to say, it really is a stylish car. I think it's a much better looking alternative to the sedan because of the rear overhang you get along with the extra two doors. Although, that's not to say I'm putting the sedan or anyone's opinions down. Personally, I can't wait until these are on the lots at my local dealer so I can test drive again. Last time I test drove was when I was 17 and they let me get in a '15 Si (with an older woman who was NOT into the idea of me test driving), so I'll be curious to see what lines they feed me and how they treat the situation. I'm SO excited to get a look into what'll very likely be my next car.

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
I just saw a coupe in person yesterday, and it was the first time I got to get up close and really get a look at the body style; it looks MUCH better in person.
A new coupe lives in my neighborhood, and I agree it looks good in person. Whenever I see recent Si coupes and this new coupe, I can't help thinking they would make excellent convertibles. Too bad the market would probably be too small to justify one.

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
Same. Nothing against those that love their Coupes, but this generation Civic is far too big for a Coupe imo. Coupes should either be small and nimble (what old Hondas used to be), or an RWD sports car. A coupe this generation is just too big for me to want

Yet when higher up Honda reps were in Houston for the superbowl, my dealership asked about the Si and he said he had no idea. Not a "I can't say anything" kind of answer, a literal "I really have no idea". I'm expecting a really late release this year, most likely a 2018 model year
They'll be on dealer lots by April.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Sedan Debuting at NY Auto Show IMG_5140.PNG

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Soooo... Yesterday they published that the new Clarity vehicles will be unveiled, but no mention of the Si at all? :nono:

http://nyias.vporoom.com/2017-03-08...ebut-at-2017-New-York-International-Auto-Show

I guess it's possible that another/separate press release will follow in the next couple of weeks, but why not announce both at once? That makes me doubt; this might not be the Si's show after all... I mean, so far the appearance of the Si at the NYIAS has been not much more than speculation and hearsay, right?
What are other "likely" auto shows coming up, does anyone know?

Last edited:

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Well, looks like there's still a good chance it will be announced there, after all. There's at least one recent precedent of Honda making separate announcements/PRs about different models for the same show -- specifically the 2016 SEMA-related announcements (link). Also a lot (most?) of their auto show PRs seem to be made very close to the date of the show, like within a week or so.

So maybe it's a bit too early for my alarm above :), and there's hope for the Si to show up at the NY show, still.

Please, Honda's Bone-Throwing Department, pleeeease!! :bow: :D

(Yeah, I know, "patience" and all...)

Last edited:

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
I sure hope so. I'm starving for some information.
Sponsored