Civic Si Sedan Debuting at NY Auto Show

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
It's not 3 kids... Brian Gillespie lives Honda.

Im not saying that they for sure received the SI motor, I just don't think it is that far fetched that they did. Yes the car has not been released yet, but it will be shortly. I doubt that Honda is still making changes to the engine of a car set to debut in a few months
Sponsored

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Here's some renders of the sedan...
Nice renders... gives some idea what to expect. Would like to see more using the rear from the Si prototype, i.e. without the funky hatchback bumper and with the large outlet exhaust.

Interesting take on the tail lights and wing. Looks a lot better than the Si prototype I think. Probably safe to say the actual sedan rear will look more like the prototype... some nice touches on the renders though.

Last edited:

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool render just remove the I-Vtec....it will not have vtec if it is based on the current 1.5L Turbo

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If my memory serves right, I believe the L15 has the variable valve timing but no electronic lift control. So it wouldn't just be a VTC system, and maybe Honda would market it as VTEC, but essentially it is only variable valve timing.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
We've heard from a source that the Civic Si Sedan will debut at the NY Auto Show. Whether it will be a prototype version or the production version we haven't yet been able to confirm, but we're placing our bets that it's the production model.

As for on-sale date? We were told at the Si Coupe launch that Si sales would begin this Spring. Recent rumors have speculated on a possible later release -- in the Summer, though this has not been officially confirmed.

The Si model will come in only coupe and sedan form, with the hatchback being reserved for the Type R.

Press days for the 2017 New York Auto Show kick off on April 12.
@Administrator Still no Honda press release about a press day unveiling or even a blurb about the debut.

The 'we were told' and 'recent rumors' seem to be a little optimistic at this point.

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000
Country flag
The Si is going into production very shortly at the Alliston plant, just got word this evening that both the sedan & coupe are starting test production runs at this time and should be changing over to production ready units to go out to dealerships, sounds like we will see them in dealerships right after the NY Autoshow announcement. This from the same source who verified the 1.5 Turbo as well, so this information is very reliable.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Sedan Debuting at NY Auto Show 2017_honda_civic_si_coupe_mg_6916_720

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
The Si is going into production very shortly at the Alliston plant, just got word this evening that both the sedan & coupe are starting test production runs at this time and should be changing over to production ready units to go out to dealerships, sounds like we will see them in dealerships right after the NY Autoshow announcement. This from the same source who verified the 1.5 Turbo as well, so this information is very reliable.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Sedan Debuting at NY Auto Show 2017_honda_civic_si_coupe_mg_6916_720
I'll be holding a vigil outside the Alliston plant from now until then. :)

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
I'm ready for that sedan life. Maybe we'll see a few more spy shots before release? Sedan maybe? PLEASE.
Sponsored