Civic Si Sedan Debuting at NY Auto Show

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
True but im pretty sure it will just have the hatchback front and rear bumpers with the center exhaust and a spoiler
The prototype was largely a complete package with the suspension, audio, and presumably an early version of the drivetrain. Sage Marie confirmed that what we saw at LA was a near-complete variant (sans the paint scheme) with a possible addition of LED headlights. The sedan will more than likely be a preproduction variant that will hopefully feature the Si's one exclusive color scheme.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
We've heard from a source that the Civic Si Sedan will debut at the NY Auto Show. Whether it will be a prototype version or the production version we haven't yet been able to confirm, but we're placing our bets that it's the production model.

As for on-sale date? We were told at the Si Coupe launch that Si sales would begin this Spring. Recent rumors have speculated on a possible later release -- in the Summer, though this has not been officially confirmed.

The Si model will come in only coupe and sedan form, with the hatchback being reserved for the Type R.

Press days for the 2017 New York Auto Show kick off on April 12.
@Administrator I PM'd you about this topic...

shutupish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
The prototype was largely a complete package with the suspension, audio, and presumably an early version of the drivetrain. Sage Marie confirmed that what we saw at LA was a near-complete variant (sans the paint scheme) with a possible addition of LED headlights. The sedan will more than likely be a preproduction variant that will hopefully feature the Si's one exclusive color scheme.
I know, do you think there will be a base/touring models for the si and typeR ? I did see a spy shot of the typeR without the touring led headlights.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
If we don't get specs on the Si before Geneva, this confirms that the project was indeed delayed. Though Honda has already updated their Civic PR language ahead of the Chicago Auto show. It's possible (but unlikely) we may see a few more Si details there or at Toronto.
There is no doubt its delayed.
Oh man, I would so get a Touring Si! Not expecting it, but man would that be nice...
So would I. With Acura/Honda's 8-Speed Twin Clutch automatic and paddle shift... Just saying

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I know, do you think there will be a base/touring models for the si and typeR ? I did see a spy shot of the typeR without the touring led headlights.
The more details I see on the car, the more I think they will *initially* launch with one Si trim. Another member pointed out Navigation was available on the prototype HU. So I think they'll mimic the trim features of the EX-L (sans power leather seats) and offer navigation as an option,. That would be consistent with how they treated the last generation Si. If demand is strong, I could see them offering an "Si Touring" or Special Edition with LEDs, sensing, and partial leather for MY 2019. They'd position it as a mid-priced 6MT performance trim that slots between the CVT Touring and base CTR.

I think the CTR will have two trims similar to the last generation. A base model and a "GT" trim with LEDs, sensing, and few other refinements. We'll know more in March.

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
It would be cool if they offered Sensing on the Si, but as far as I know, Sensing isn't available on Hondas with MT. Similarly, Subaru's EyeSight is only available on the WRX with the CVT. In both cases, I suspect it's because MT doesn't work easily with automatic braking.

I think the 8DCT could be the answer there, and man, it would be difficult for me to choose between MT and the best safety tech with a good DCT. The choice isn't so difficult if the other transmission is a CVT.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
An earlier version of sensing was offered on the 9th Gen CTR. I expect Honda will continue offer it on the upcoming 10th Gen CTR, as suggested through recent spy photos. How they integrate it with the CTR's 6MT is anyone's guess. But whatever approach they take should be the same approach if offered on the Si.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
An earlier version of sensing was offered on the 9th Gen CTR. I expect Honda will continue offer it on the upcoming 10th Gen CTR, as suggested through recent spy photos. How they integrate it with the CTR's 6MT is anyone's guess. But whatever approach they take should be the same approach if offered on the Si.
Yep. I just want what they have in Europe on MT cars!

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I bet the hold up is because they are trying to implement the volume knob :hmm:
I'll bet the hold up had to do with them giving an Si engine to Vtec Academy. Cant share any facts with potential paying customers.. yet give away a 2017 civic si engine for 3 kids to put into some project car on youtube....

Just ruffling feathers here.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I'll bet the hold up had to do with them giving an Si engine to Vtec Academy. Cant share any facts with potential paying customers.. yet give away a 2017 civic si engine for 3 kids to put into some project car on youtube....

Just ruffling feathers here.
It's just a normal L15b7 though, just another fake YouTube title to attract views. Rattles me. Posers.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I bet the hold up is because they are trying to implement the volume knob :hmm:
haha...still can't believe that's an issue for people..mine is quit making plastic deco pieces.. Makes the car look cheesy on the exterior..uggg
Sponsored