Civic Si Manual Transmission Fluid Change Volume

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello all, it is coming to the point where my car is ready for its first MTF change that I am planning to do myself. I have consulted some threads (https://www.civicx.com/threads/oil-transmission-fluid-change.24643/ and https://www.civicx.com/threads/transmission-fluid-change-2017-si.24076/) regarding the MTF change but there does not seem to be a consensus on how much should be put back in. I have 2 quarts of Amsoil Synchromesh, but it seems only 1.9 quarts drain out. Members have posted saying filling it with all 2 quarts is okay and will not harm the transmission while others have measured in 1.9 quarts. Though it is not hard to use the tick marks on the Amsoil bottles to guesstimate 1.9 quarts, it would be easiest to put in 2 quarts. Will 2 quarts be safe for the Civic Si? Thanks!
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
There is an overflow drain that will tell you when you have filled it. Pour the entire 2 quarts in and when it starts coming out the overflow, wait till it stops and your transmission is now filled. This is different from the drain plug

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Over flow? Lol. Crack loose the fill plug. Removed the drain plug. Reinstall drain plug and fill. Once it starts to flow out let it come out till no more does. This must be done on a level surface. In any case the extra .1 qt won’t do damage like blowing out seals. Try no to overthink it. It’s a very easy thing to do, change your manual trans fluid

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Over flow? Lol. Crack loose the fill plug. Removed the drain plug. Reinstall drain plug and fill. Once it starts to flow out let it come out till no more does. This must be done on a level surface. In any case the extra .1 qt won’t do damage like blowing out seals. Try no to overthink it. It’s a very easy thing to do, change your manual trans fluid
Or you can do this way :thumbsup:
Sponsored