Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Would anyone be able to elaborate a little bit on how some of these specs effect how the springs perform from a driving standpoint such as tracking the car or what to expect handling-wise (other than the lowering)? If not I will ask my best friend google for some reading material
Sponsored

kwakkwak17

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 4DR sedan
Country flag
Do I understand correctly that the Eibach Pro-Kit yields a mild or conservative drop?
I have the pro kit- ride quality doesn't change and it is very mild. Only thing is if you have an aftermarket exhaust just be careful. I have MAP exhaust and it hangs a bit low

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Lowering Springs Master Guide Rear pro kit

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Lowering Springs Master Guide Front pro kit

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the pro kit- ride quality doesn't change and it is very mild. Only thing is if you have an aftermarket exhaust just be careful. I have MAP exhaust and it hangs a bit low

Rear pro kit.jpg

Front pro kit.jpg
looks great did you install it yourself or a shop?

kwakkwak17

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Josh/AWE @Dave/AWE do you have any idea if your exhaust would scrape with a conservative drop like this?
My exhaust only scrapes on large speed bumps when i go 3 to 4 mph, I can 90% of the time avoid scrapes on these. Also while driving fast and going over bumpy roads I can hear light scrapes. I can take a picture tomorrow morning when its sunny to show you!

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My exhaust only scrapes on large speed bumps when i go 3 to 4 mph, I can 90% of the time avoid scrapes on these. Also while driving fast and going over bumpy roads I can hear light scrapes. I can take a picture tomorrow morning when its sunny to show you!
honestly im surprised you would scrape at all

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I have scraped a few times with my maperformance exhaust in certain situations and I'm on stock suspension. I may be able to maneuver the pipes to get it a little higher but it's a pain. If i ever drop, I will put more energy into fixing the exhaust is it's possible.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have scraped a few times with my maperformance exhaust in certain situations and I'm on stock suspension. I may be able to maneuver the pipes to get it a little higher but it's a pain. If i ever drop, I will put more energy into fixing the exhaust is it's possible.
does it just hang low?

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Josh/AWE @Dave/AWE do you have any idea if your exhaust would scrape with a conservative drop like this?
I’m running AWE exhaust with the Eibach Prokit and I’m not sure how I’d ever scrape the exhaust outside of some extreme angled entrances. Highly unlikely in normal to even aggressive conditions.

kwakkwak17

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
does it just hang low?
Yes it definitely hangs low. Unless you're ok with some vibration while driving
Its not a big deal at all. Its just in certain situations you need to be careful thats all. It doesn't change how you drive

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would anyone be able to elaborate a little bit on how some of these specs effect how the springs perform from a driving standpoint such as tracking the car or what to expect handling-wise (other than the lowering)? If not I will ask my best friend google for some reading material
Besides aesthetics, lowering the car with stiffer springs will change 3 main things.

1.) Ride Quality - No matter what anyone says, the ride quality will be affected. Subjectively speaking its a very minor difference, depending on how stiff your new springs are. Although the bottom line is how much you can tolerate.
Progressive style springs are a great in between. They are less stiff when minimally compressed (allowing DD to be pleasant and not bouncy) but will "progressively" get stiffer when the more load is added (spirited driving, tracking, AutoX, Etc...).

2.) Less Body roll - Granted, the best way to really reduce body roll (and not sacrifice ride quality or deal with driving a lowered car) is to get front and rear sway bars... but, Springs do play a part as well. Less body roll (due to the lower center of gravity provided by the springs) means the car is more stable or tighter through turns. More stability will allow you to increase corner entry speed. faster entry speed, will allow you to have a faster corner exit speed (this is not taking into consideration driving skill. just theoretically speaking) . Faster corner exit speed will equate to Faster lap times.

3.) Alignment - lowering the car will always change your stock alignment specs. Lowering it without correcting camber (no matter how small the drop) will hurt your stock handling. Stock Si camber angle is Front 0 and Rear -1. most cars from the factory do this for safety measures. more negative camber in the rear (rather than the front) induces understeer. This makes the car more stable in high speed straights (freeways) and less likely to have the rear break loose in a sudden turn, due to debris on the road. Sounds great but, Unfortunately more understeer will cause your rear to drag around a corner causing you to have slower corner entry/exit speeds. Resulting in not the best lap times lol

*Disclaimer*
I'm no expert so take everything with a grain of salt. The above information was gathered through this forum, alignment spec articles (geared towards racing) and my own personal experience. I will say this though if you want the best handling upgrade for ANY car. Purchase better tires. No springs, coilovers, camber kits or sway bars will reduce lap times more significantly than really good tires. RE-71r's have been the buzz for quite some time and heard nothing but great reviews.

Side Note:
@Mr.Apex Here is some info i thought you might want to add regarding D2 springs. I contacted them last year regarding spring rates and they didnt reply with specific rates, but they did say its 20% stiffer over stock. So if my math is correct (probably isnt lol)... D2's Stiffest spring rates are Front 173.023 lbs & Rear 250.531 lbs

Last edited:

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Besides aesthetics, lowering the car with stiffer springs will change 3 main things.

1.) Ride Quality - No matter what anyone says, the ride quality will be affected. Subjectively speaking its a very minor difference, depending on how stiff your new springs are. Although the bottom line is how much you can tolerate.
Progressive style springs are a great in between. They are less stiff when minimally compressed (allowing DD to be pleasant and not bouncy) but will "progressively" get stiffer when the more load is added (spirited driving, tracking, AutoX, Etc...).

2.) Less Body roll - Granted, the best way to really reduce body roll (and not sacrifice ride quality or deal with driving a lowered car) is to get front and rear sway bars... but, Springs do play a part as well. Less body roll (due to the lower center of gravity provided by the springs) means the car is more stable or tighter through turns. More stability will allow you to increase corner entry speed. faster entry speed, will allow you to have a faster corner exit speed (this is not taking into consideration driving skill. just theoretically speaking) . Faster corner exit speed will equate to Faster lap times.

3.) Alignment - lowering the car will always change your stock alignment specs. Lowering it without correcting camber (no matter how small the drop) will hurt your stock handling. Stock Si camber angle is Front 0 and Rear -1. most cars from the factory do this for safety measures. more negative camber in the rear (rather than the front) induces understeer. This makes the car more stable in high speed straights (freeways) and less likely to have the rear break loose in a sudden turn, due to debris on the road. Sounds great but, Unfortunately more understeer will cause your rear to drag around a corner causing you to have slower corner entry/exit speeds. Resulting in not the best lap times lol

*Disclaimer*
I'm no expert so take everything with a grain of salt. The above information was gathered through this forum, alignment spec articles (geared towards racing) and my own personal experience. I will say this though if you want the best handling upgrade for ANY car. Purchase better tires. No springs, coilovers, camber kits or sway bars will reduce lap times more significantly than really good tires. RE-71r's have been the buzz for quite some time and heard nothing but great reviews.

Side Note:
@Mr.Apex Here is some info i thought you might want to add regarding D2 springs. I contacted them last year regarding spring rates and they didnt reply with specific rates, but they did say its 20% stiffer over stock. So if my math is correct (probably isnt lol)... D2's Stiffest spring rates are Front 173.023 lbs & Rear 250.531 lbs

Awesome thank you so much for the breakdown!
Sponsored