SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
having problems keeping up with the other SI's in GS. they are 4-5 seconds faster than me.
I could use some tips.
i am using PS4's. had to bring the pressure up to 38psi all around to save the sidewalls on the front. stock bars.
the cars are not tech'ed at all, am i slow or are they cheating big time?
i realized afterwards that i was using ktuner with adv VSA for this and that should have bumped me up a class but i was still way behind the other 10th gen SI's.
You look like your way off each of the cones, like 1 foot +. you need to be wiggling each of the cones on course. Clip a few cones and get comfortable with the width of the car. Cutting distance is one of the main things to pick up time on course. You also looked to be a bit behind on lateral inputs from where youd want to be (i watched without sound). Video with a better look at the cones and driver input helps.

Also, not really cool to be saying the others must be cheating because you got smoked when infact, you were the one cheating. People in glass houses and all that.
Sponsored

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
Hey, I know that course! I was driving the 2019 Si that was ahead of you. I've only had it a week and the only mod to it was the RE71R's so I can assure you it was legal.

My son was co-driving the car and actually was 0.1 faster than I was. He's 18 and only been driving for 2 seasons in an completely unprepped 2015 Civic Si on all season tires and learning to be a smooth in that. This was his first real event on sticky tires and his smoothness paid off as I didn't expect him to beat me.

I've been autocrossing for 16 years with the past 8 of those being in a full STR prepped 2010 MX-5. I actually have a 2019 MX-5 on the way but it's a couple of months out. Going back to a stock FWD car is certainly a challenge but the 2019 Si is a blast. It's shockingly better than the 2015.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey, I know that course! I was driving the 2019 Si that was ahead of you. I've only had it a week and the only mod to it was the RE71R's so I can assure you it was legal.

My son was co-driving the car and actually was 0.1 faster than I was. He's 18 and only been driving for 2 seasons in an completely unprepped 2015 Civic Si on all season tires and learning to be a smooth in that. This was his first real event on sticky tires and his smoothness paid off as I didn't expect him to beat me.

I've been autocrossing for 16 years with the past 8 of those being in a full STR prepped 2010 MX-5. I actually have a 2019 MX-5 on the way but it's a couple of months out. Going back to a stock FWD car is certainly a challenge but the 2019 Si is a blast. It's shockingly better than the 2015.
i saw you! you going to the next race? come say hi.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
yah i saw your times were 3 seconds faster than me and it kinda rocked my world. new guys always go in thinking they are hot stuff and leave humbled. thats what i learned that day.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
We had crappy, crappy weather for the Toledo Pro, which also meant my first time running the car in the rain. Despite not having too many hard braking zones, I noticed my brake rotors were blue and the pedal felt a bit spongy after a four run session. Pedal came back, but the car is almost certainly using the brakes quite a bit on course. I'll guess it's the understeer mitigation feature that I was overworking. 100% of my runs were full pedal dance. Also had my first spin which was fun.

Bummer it came down to a first session ("least wet") battle, but felt really good to be back at a National event. Hoping for some dry runs in Bristol.

Forcino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
We had crappy, crappy weather for the Toledo Pro, which also meant my first time running the car in the rain. Despite not having too many hard braking zones, I noticed my brake rotors were blue and the pedal felt a bit spongy after a four run session. Pedal came back, but the car is almost certainly using the brakes quite a bit on course. I'll guess it's the understeer mitigation feature that I was overworking. 100% of my runs were full pedal dance. Also had my first spin which was fun.

Bummer it came down to a first session ("least wet") battle, but felt really good to be back at a National event. Hoping for some dry runs in Bristol.
See you at Bristol. it'll be my first national tour event. I'm excited! My goal is not last.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
See you at Bristol. it'll be my first national tour event. I'm excited! My goal is not last.
Make sure to say hi, I have a black sedan on ugly Hypergrams. Dong both events or just the tour?

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
The Michelin PS4S is a fantastic tire in the rain

I finished 4th of 18 in class

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag

You shut your whore mouth and just enjoy your P2 finish. You drove amazing that Saturday morning session.

I'll take solace in being to fastest in the rain-affected runs, lol

-=max=-

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI
Country flag
Traded my GTI for a 19 sedan this week. Spec Hypergrams on the way and Eibach Type R bar.

Pedal spacer as comfort and convenience? Lol

redfred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ran my 1st AX with my 2019 Si Sedan this weekend, a fine time with the Akron SCC. Mounted my Rivals from last year on Konig Oversteer wheels, but the tires are 225/45-17s, otherwise all stock. First run was in Sport with T/C off, and it bogged several times on-course. After that, I did the pedal dance and the car responded very well. Stayed in Sport mode. My former car was a '13 BRZ in DS. I hit the limiter in 2nd and had to shift into 3rd (ASCC has long courses...which is fun), at several points on course, Generally I felt in-between gears: Run near the limiter in 2nd, or upshift to 3rd. Likely larger tires will help. Finished 2nd in GS of 6 or 7, coned away victory. PAX'd 14 of 110 drivers. Versus my BRX on the same tires, I feel that the Si is a lot more trustworthy. Only understeer was shifting 1-2 at full throttle, but manageable. The LSD is really good, and the car really felt great. Can't wait to be taught some lessons next week in Pittsburgh region...
Sponsored