First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Karcepts bars comes with their own endlinks. So its probably not a link induced issue. Kinda weird how that breaks. Someone should probably let Brian know....
Sponsored

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Karcepts bars comes with their own endlinks. So its probably not a link induced issue. Kinda weird how that breaks. Someone should probably let Brian know....
I imagine Brian will take care of the owner. Seems like a stand up guy from when I chatted with him at NJ last year.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I more meant that as that's a lot of force on endlinks for those of us running large rear bars on the OE plastic links.

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag
Hey everyone :)

I lurk on forums every so often, but rarely even create an account, let alone post :)

Many of you know me or have heard about me (hopefully the good stuff, anyway!)

With the Type R fairly useless at Pros, I'm looking to find a ride in a GS Civic Si in L2 for the Pro Finale (and Packwood Pro, but I'm leaning our local hotshoe who bought Des's car for that!). Happy to help / compensate appropriately! I've got a slight preference to a Bridgestone-shod car, just because it would be closer in feel to my Type R, but more than anything I want a competitive car and fun people to race with.

Let me know who might be open to this!

Annie Gill

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I'm impressed with the Karcepts failure. Makes me think I should look into picking up the Accord or Type R end links.

I pulled my strut mount pins last fall, but was too lazy to actually add the camber until this weekend. I went from 0 toe to 3/32" total toe in once the mounts were pushed in for full camber. First event this weekend, looking forward to it.
Is this without re aligning the car at all? Let us know how it works out or how you think it will.

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Brian wrote back and offered to send replacements -- he said the aluminum arms were a known issue — and that he'd send steel versions once available.

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Hey everyone :)

I lurk on forums every so often, but rarely even create an account, let alone post :)

Many of you know me or have heard about me (hopefully the good stuff, anyway!)

With the Type R fairly useless at Pros, I'm looking to find a ride in a GS Civic Si in L2 for the Pro Finale (and Packwood Pro, but I'm leaning our local hotshoe who bought Des's car for that!). Happy to help / compensate appropriately! I've got a slight preference to a Bridgestone-shod car, just because it would be closer in feel to my Type R, but more than anything I want a competitive car and fun people to race with.

Let me know who might be open to this!

Annie Gill
+1 for @Banannie Good folks, and a good opportunity for someone to compare data against one of the fastest drivers in the country.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Is this without re aligning the car at all? Let us know how it works out or how you think it will.
Yes, without touching the tie rods. I plan on putting a half turn on each tie rod to try and get it back near zero, just haven't done it yet. Snow in the forecast (!) for this Sunday so may not get very good data, if I even get the car out at all.

alduke22

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
Karcepts bar snapped last weekend, car's new owner tells me. It was new last june, maybe 150 runs on it?

Karcepts.jpeg
That doesn't make me feel great since my new Karcepts bar will be arriving tomorrow. Any word on if they will replace it? Do you know what position the endlinks were in?

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Endlinks in soft position (which sorta makes sense to me). Karcepts sent out replacement aluminum arms immediately, and said it would follow up with steel replacements soon.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Yes, without touching the tie rods. I plan on putting a half turn on each tie rod to try and get it back near zero, just haven't done it yet. Snow in the forecast (!) for this Sunday so may not get very good data, if I even get the car out at all.
Just as a follow up: 3 flats (half turn) per side went from 3/32 in to 3/32 out. Touchy little buggers. Also, weather sucked, so first event pushed back a bit.

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
I am looking into the Eibach or Whiteline 22m rear sway bar. Has anyone had any issues with either?

tdw

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Just as a follow up: 3 flats (half turn) per side went from 3/32 in to 3/32 out. Touchy little buggers. Also, weather sucked, so first event pushed back a bit.
I've lost track of what you are doing. Can you please explain?

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
I've lost track of what you are doing. Can you please explain?
I don't think he knows what he's doing. He never has
Sponsored