Civic Si in GS

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Progress confirmed with me that the 22mm rear bar I posted above will fit an Si. So that's the route I'm going as soon as my car arrives.

That's cool. You'll still be able to get some coin for it as long it's not too beat up. Good luck!
Looking at the rates, from the progress link above (https://progressauto.com/products/sfID1/12/sfID2/34/sfID3/90/productID/864) and the rates from Karcepts (http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=131), the 'big' progress bar (22.2mm) is not much stiffer than the CTR bar. Progress = 740 lbs/in. Stock CTR = 721 lbs/in. Stock Si = 457 lbs/in.

The Eibach one seems to be available in 25mm but not sure what that breaks down to in lbs/in. https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2017/civic/eibach-sway-bar-kit.html It mentions only fitting CTR, but it seems pretty clear if it fits one, it will fit the other.
Sponsored

tdw

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm going to order the 22mm Progress bar this weekend. I'm still considering the Accord end links, I think Blox also has a set.

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
Looking at the rates, from the progress link above (https://progressauto.com/products/sfID1/12/sfID2/34/sfID3/90/productID/864) and the rates from Karcepts (http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=131), the 'big' progress bar (22.2mm) is not much stiffer than the CTR bar. Progress = 740 lbs/in. Stock CTR = 721 lbs/in. Stock Si = 457 lbs/in.
I know. My fear is that the 22mm Progress bar isn't stiff enough but we'll see. It will better than stock though.

alduke22

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
So I will be campaigning the Si for the first time this year and I'm trying to figure out what sway bar to get. I am leaning towards the Karcepts bar but I'm hesitant with the clunking noises I'm hearing about. Karcepts should also weigh less which is a plus. The other I am considering is the solid 22mm whiteline double adjustable bar at about half the price. Has anyone used the solid 22mm whiteline double adjustable bar as a comparison.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I have the Whiteline bar installed, but we don't have our first event here for a few weeks still. All I can say at this point is that it fits well, and I can feel the chassis begin to play a little on off-ramps even on snow tires. I have dialed in a touch of rear toe-out though.

alduke22

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
I have the Whiteline bar installed, but we don't have our first event here for a few weeks still. All I can say at this point is that it fits well, and I can feel the chassis begin to play a little on off-ramps even on snow tires. I have dialed in a touch of rear toe-out though.
I'll be going to my first event this weekend, but judging by the looks of the weather, I may not want to use my sticker brigdestones so it will likely be completely stock as an initial shakedown to feel her out. Sway bar will be coming soon after.

STXmini 2 SMF

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 mini cooper S, 03 mazdaspeed protege, 97 Camaro SS, 06 xterra OR
Country flag
Long time listener, 1st time poster....

Ive been lurking here since nationals(I worked during Gstreet on course). Instantly became intrigued by this car. I hate to switch subjects, but this is the place to ask these questions and get the right feedback.

Been looking at these cars since then as well. I'm leaning more towards the coupe for looks even though the 4dr would suite my lifestyle better. Any difference in weight or perceived stiffness between the two?

Has anyone done custom konis yet?

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
The coupe has a little more rear body rigidity, but both are substantially more rigid than the previous gen.

The sedan,though it weighs a smidge more (10 to 20 lbs) has more trunk space and is uglier

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
The sedan wing (duckbill) is also smaller. That’s probably a loss of at least 11hp.

WNCSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si
Country flag
I’m curious when shocks from Ohlins or Koni will come out and if they will make a substantial difference.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
I wonder if either the front or rears from the MCS FK8 setup would work.
http://motioncontrolsuspension.com/applications-pricing/

I have talked with MCS for my DS type r and their FK8 shocks arent street class legal. They can make some but they would need stock shock bodies to weld their shocks into. I think the reason being is their coilover shocks are shorter than OE shock bodies.

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Karcepts bar snapped last weekend, car's new owner tells me. It was new last june, maybe 150 runs on it?

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS Karcepts

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm impressed with the Karcepts failure. Makes me think I should look into picking up the Accord or Type R end links.

I pulled my strut mount pins last fall, but was too lazy to actually add the camber until this weekend. I went from 0 toe to 3/32" total toe in once the mounts were pushed in for full camber. First event this weekend, looking forward to it.
Sponsored