tdw

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
5inn ,I've been looking at the Eibach 22mm rear sway bar. I can only assume that it's stiffer since it is a solid bar and it's 1.4mm larger in diameter than the CTR bar. I worry that it doesn't have welded on locating rings to keep it from shifting under load.
Sponsored

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
5inn ,I've been looking at the Eibach 22mm rear sway bar. I can only assume that it's stiffer since it is a solid bar and it's 1.4mm larger in diameter than the CTR bar. I worry that it doesn't have welded on locating rings to keep it from shifting under load.
You can always buy some cheap collars from mcmaster carr

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Yea, I know but but I think it says something about a company that fails to include suck a simple feature.
Yeah, those fly-by-nighters at Eibach are total hacks, they'll never make it as a company. :rolleyes:

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
RSB and RPF1s (45 offset to stay GS legal) with RE71rs (I run 245, but 255 will fit) is all the GS prep the Si needs to be competitive. I'm running this set this season with Hawk 5.0s. I have the CTR RSB and io get the car to rotate much better. But I would be curious to see what a larger bar did.
Thanks for the advice! I'll probably run 245's as well. What's the stock offset? +50?

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
+47mm is stock
Thanks! Although that means a +40 would be legal as well. I'll see what I can find.

I should also probably order the car too. :p

Last edited:

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No worries! Thanks for the clarification.

alduke22

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
I've been autocrossing the last several years. Started in a GTI, drove an F500 for a season, then my S2000. Decided I'm going to sell the S2000 and I just bought an Si. It took me a while to come to grips with going back to FWD but now that I have accepted my decision, I am looking forward to seeing what this car can do this season. I haven't even been close to 10/10ths yet but it feels very flat and confidence inspiring so far. I will be at the Peru Champ Tour, likely the Peru Pro Solo, and Nationals at a minimum outside of my local events. Hope to see some of you there.
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS {filename}

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm pretty sure I want at least a 22mm rear bar. Eibach makes a 25mm Type R bar too but I'm also concerned about the lack of locating rings.

As i mentioned above, I'm leaning towards the Progress bar, they have 2 bars that they say fit the 2016 Civic, a 20.5mm and a 22mm and they have the locating rings. My concerns are that the 2016 Civic one says fits sedans and hatches and that the 22mm one says it's for the 2018 Accord and 2016 Civic. I'm going to reach out and ask if the 22mm will fit an Si coupe.

https://progressauto.com/products/sfID1/12/sfID2/34/sfID3/90/productID/864

I also like that the Progress bars come with new gusseted brackets to help reinforce the subframe rather than reusing the flimsy stock ones. It looks like the next best option to the Karcepts to me.

I've been autocrossing the last several years. Started in a GTI, drove an F500 for a season, then my S2000. Decided I'm going to sell the S2000 and I just bought an Si. It took me a while to come to grips with going back to FWD but now that I have accepted my decision, I am looking forward to seeing what this car can do this season. I haven't even been close to 10/10ths yet but it feels very flat and confidence inspiring so far. I will be at the Peru Champ Tour, likely the Peru Pro Solo, and Nationals at a minimum outside of my local events. Hope to see some of you there.
Congrats on the new Si! Are you sure about selling the S2000? I think they've only begun to appreciate in value.

alduke22

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
Congrats on the new Si! Are you sure about selling the S2000? I think they've only begun to appreciate in value.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Even though I know I will regret selling it, I've made up my mind. Mine is mechanically solid but has some miles and nowhere near show condition, so it will never bring stupid money anyway. It seems like the pristine low mile cars are the only ones getting crazy money right now. It's time to simplify some things right now. Eventually I'm sure I'll get a place with more garage space and get some things to fill it. Until then, I'm enjoying the Si.

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Progress confirmed with me that the 22mm rear bar I posted above will fit an Si. So that's the route I'm going as soon as my car arrives.

Thanks! Even though I know I will regret selling it, I've made up my mind. Mine is mechanically solid but has some miles and nowhere near show condition, so it will never bring stupid money anyway. It seems like the pristine low mile cars are the only ones getting crazy money right now. It's time to simplify some things right now. Eventually I'm sure I'll get a place with more garage space and get some things to fill it. Until then, I'm enjoying the Si.
That's cool. You'll still be able to get some coin for it as long it's not too beat up. Good luck!
Sponsored