Civic Si in GS

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
So I figured I would wade into this thread. I've read through it all but still don't have definitive answers.

I usually run in STR with an MX-5 but my new one is on order and I won't see it until mid to late summer. Since I'm also replacing my 2015 Si with a 2019 Si I think I'm just going to run GS this season. My 18 year old son has spent the last two seasons running our 2015 Si on "performance" all seasons and I think this year he's ready to make the jump to a better tire so it will be fun if we compete in the same car. He's working his way up to the MX-5. lol.

So for a 2019 Si, I'm thinking a rear sway bar and a 17 inch set of wheels and tires. I don't plan a full GS prep. I've seen a bunch of different tire and wheel offsets mentioned here. What's the accepted size? Can the Si handle a range of offsets? I know I need a 17x8. 255/40/17 seems to be a popular size. Does it fit without any issues or rubbing?

As for the rear sway bar I love the Karcepts bars and have them for my MX-5. Brian is awesome but he advised me that for a daily like my Si that his rear bar can be excessively noisy. So what is everyone running who is running the Karcepts? Progress? CTR?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
So I figured I would wade into this thread. I've read through it all but still don't have definitive answers.

I usually run in STR with an MX-5 but my new one is on order and I won't see it until mid to late summer. Since I'm also replacing my 2015 Si with a 2019 Si I think I'm just going to run GS this season. My 18 year old son has spent the last two seasons running our 2015 Si on "performance" all seasons and I think this year he's ready to make the jump to a better tire so it will be fun if we compete in the same car. He's working his way up to the MX-5. lol.

So for a 2019 Si, I'm thinking a rear sway bar and a 17 inch set of wheels and tires. I don't plan a full GS prep. I've seen a bunch of different tire and wheel offsets mentioned here. What's the accepted size? Can the Si handle a range of offsets? I know I need a 17x8. 255/40/17 seems to be a popular size. Does it fit without any issues or rubbing?

As for the rear sway bar I love the Karcepts bars and have them for my MX-5. Brian is awesome but he advised me that for a daily like my Si that his rear bar can be excessively noisy. So what is everyone running who is running the Karcepts? Progress? CTR?

Thanks!
255s on 17x8 wheels can easily fit even with +40 offset. As for rear sway bar I am getting the 25mm Eibach for the CTR, but stock isn't that bad.

Forcino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

Thanks!
RSB and RPF1s (45 offset to stay GS legal) with RE71rs (I run 245, but 255 will fit) is all the GS prep the Si needs to be competitive. I'm running this set this season with Hawk 5.0s. I have the CTR RSB and io get the car to rotate much better. But I would be curious to see what a larger bar did.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
I recommend a larger than CTR-srock bar.

I also hate the Hawk 5.0

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
I find Hawks in general to be pretty underwhelming pads. I much prefer something like Ferodo DS2500's or Raybestos ST43's.

boscotheduck

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The Karcepts bar is pretty noisey. It works great though. Everyone’s tolerance for NVH is different but it didn’t bother me too much. That said...I’m planning on putting mine up for sale soon as I’m going all in on the Time Trials program.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wouldn't use the Karcepts bar on a street car. It drove me crazy just driving around in a paddock during an autocross. The eibach rear CTR bar though appeals to me

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can hear how loud the bar is at the beginning of my video here

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I wouldn't use the Karcepts bar on a street car. It drove me crazy just driving around in a paddock during an autocross. The eibach rear CTR bar though appeals to me
Is there an Eibach one that's around the same stiffness?

I currently have the CTR bar and definitely could use more rotation. I actually like the car better in the (mild) cold for autocross as there's less rear grip then. I should note that I never did get it aligned.

The only plus is that the CTR bar seems to be more expensive now than when I bought it.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Heard your video in the next post. Man, that's loud. Have you figured out why it's so creaky? Are the bushings lubed?

boscotheduck

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I will say mine wasn’t as loud as that video. I had more of a knocking/clicking over uneven pavement. Never really noticed the noise externally either.
Sponsored