Civic Si in GS

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
The HFP trim has been a thing in Canada since the 9th gen.
Sponsored

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
So I'm not sure if this has been answered. I have the HFP suspension installed on my Si, which includes stiffer springs and Dampers. The initial impression I had would be this would disqualify my car from competing in the GS class.

However I've since learned that the HFP package is available straight from the mfr in Canada. Somehow the states got screwed out of the HFP trim and the parts are considered dealer I installed accessories in the US.

So will HFP springs and Dampers disqualify the Si for GS?
One of the drivers here locally with a ND1 Miata ran into something similar when he traveled down to the US to participate in some of the bigger SCCA events. The Miata in Canada has the BOSE audio system optional on the GS trim that has the LSD and Recaros where as in the US all Miatas with those options had the BOSE audio system standard. The BOSE system included a subwoofer and a Sirius XM antenna unit that added something like 5 lbs to the overall weight of the car so the Canadian spec'd car had an advantage. He had to either purchase the audio system components separate and install it or add an equivalent amount of weight in ballast so he wouldnt be protested.

So in short, i believe the HFP package will disqualify the Si for GS on the grounds that the rulebook is based on US market vehicles and associated option packages.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The BOSE system included a subwoofer and a Sirius XM antenna unit that added something like 5 lbs to the overall weight of the car so the Canadian spec'd car had an advantage. He had to either purchase the audio system components separate and install it or add an equivalent amount of weight in ballast so he wouldnt be protested.
...or just wait until after the event to take a dump.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if this link works for you but here is a direct link to Honda of Canada's site showing the Si HFP as a trim.

https://www.honda.ca/civic_sedan/2018/si-hfp-features
Are those dealer installed parts though. SCCA rules most of the time specifically calls out dealer parts that are legal, if not called out it is not legal for the Street class use.

US Honda sites specifically calls out HFP package as an accessories package...

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
So I'm not sure if this has been answered. I have the HFP suspension installed on my Si, which includes stiffer springs and Dampers. The initial impression I had would be this would disqualify my car from competing in the GS class.

However I've since learned that the HFP package is available straight from the mfr in Canada. Somehow the states got screwed out of the HFP trim and the parts are considered dealer I installed accessories in the US.

So will HFP springs and Dampers disqualify the Si for GS?
Please see letter #24716 from the August (2018) FasTrack https://www.scca.com/pages/fastrack-news

It is not legal for GS.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
Thanks! So reading the letter it doesn't specify where it would put the Si. From what I can tell, something like DSP or CSP?
If it’s just the HFP package you have it would be classed in STH. By being in street touring you open yourself up to wider wheels (9in), intake, header, and a tune so you could potentially get rid of the rev hang and grab some extra hp with a k tuner or flash pro.

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Alex, I see you are in the Northwest. I think both the Northwest (Seattle) and Oregon regions have classes to accommodate your car. If you are new you would start in Novice class, no matter what you drive, and from there each offers a "tuner" class for drivers with light mods to their cars.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alex, I see you are in the Northwest. I think both the Northwest (Seattle) and Oregon regions have classes to accommodate your car. If you are new you would start in Novice class, no matter what you drive, and from there each offers a "tuner" class for drivers with light mods to their cars.
That's awesome! Thank you!

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright I feel like I'm pestering you guys so let me know if there's a better thread for this.

I curbed it a week or two back which resulted in some pretty disheartening curb rash on the wheels.

The tire also had a small chunk taken out. Can anyone tell me if this would disqualify me from passing tech?
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS 20190126_120617

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS 20190126_120613

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS 20190126_120613

tdw

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I've searched this thread and not found an answer so.... I'm looking for advice on starting pressures for my SI running 255/40-17 RE71s and stock rear sway bar. I done a fair amount of autocross but I'm not truly competitive.

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
@tdw You might start at 35 or so all around, let the rears climb if the car is pushy and bleed them down a couple of pounds if it's tail happy.

tdw

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
@tdw You might start at 35 or so all around, let the rears climb if the car is pushy and bleed them down a couple of pounds if it's tail happy.
That's where I;m at right now, I'll start out like this next weekend.
Thanks.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
+1
Sponsored