Civic Si in GS

OP
OP

grantsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Hate to say it but I can't stand stock tune so I'm going to run car in fun class locally. That throttle lag is just stupid. Loaded hondata + 6 psi tune and I'm not going back. Going to spend my time developing XP Cayman S. Just ordered turbo for it! Lol! But will follow you guys developing GS cars.
Sponsored

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Hate to say it but I can't stand stock tune so I'm going to run car in fun class locally. That throttle lag is just stupid. Loaded hondata + 6 psi tune and I'm not going back. Going to spend my time developing XP Cayman S. Just ordered turbo for it! Lol! But will follow you guys developing GS cars.
This has been my frustration in my Civic hatch as well. It really doesn't help that the exhaust on these cars is pathetically quiet - you just hardly get any feedback from the drivetrain on what it's doing when you need it. Throttle lag? Turbo lag? Whatever boost dampening ECU logic it's messing with....it's not just that any of the above are happening, it's just that I can't even tell what it is. The platform handles the corner great, until you try to power out of tighter corners and it's as if the drivetrain was asleep.

Hope others have better success! Mine has been put to backup/casual autox duty now. A great beginner/intermediate car to teach newbies with though - these cars still feel great pushed to 5-7/10ths vs the limit.

OP
OP

grantsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
This has been my frustration in my Civic hatch as well. It really doesn't help that the exhaust on these cars is pathetically quiet - you just hardly get any feedback from the drivetrain on what it's doing when you need it. Throttle lag? Turbo lag? Whatever boost dampening ECU logic it's messing with....it's not just that any of the above are happening, it's just that I can't even tell what it is. The platform handles the corner great, until you try to power out of tighter corners and it's as if the drivetrain was asleep.

Hope others have better success! Mine has been put to backup/casual autox duty now. A great beginner/intermediate car to teach newbies with though - these cars still feel great pushed to 5-7/10ths vs the limit.
I agree the car is awesome at 7 to 8 tenths in flowing features. However go over that threshold and it dynamically falls flat and stock tune just sucks. I had same feeling as you. Its like where did drive train go I left it back at corner? Im back in my XP beast now. Installing turbo on the Porsche next month to make 500 HP. Need that to chase those 500 HP RX7s in SFR region. Talking about different driving styles between cars! LOL! I do find it fun to jump in the Civic as it is challenge to drive it fast. Porsche is more about not letting rear of car pass the front!

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS IMG_8456

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So reviewing the SCCA class assignments, is the 10th Gen Si the first Si other than than the 2008 Mugen to be in a different class than the rest of the Civic trims? That is how it appears on the spreadsheet.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS WswP1dy

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
So reviewing the SCCA class assignments, is the 10th Gen Si the first Si other than than the 2008 Mugen to be in a different class than the rest of the Civic trims? That is how it appears on the spreadsheet.

WswP1dy.png
The cars are always moving/changing classes so it's hard to say. Would need to go look at past rule books to tell, but those aren't hosted by the SCCA.

WNCSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si
Country flag

WswP1dy.png

You are correct. I was surprised that this gen was bumped into G because it compares pretty well to the Fiesta ST which is the H Street darling at the moment. It will be interesting to compare this Si to the fords at nationals this year, assuming a skilled driver preps an Si.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
You are correct. I was surprised that this gen was bumped into G because it compares pretty well to the Fiesta ST which is the H Street darling at the moment. It will be interesting to compare this Si to the fords at nationals this year, assuming a skilled driver preps an Si.
Not long ago the FiST was in G-Street also.

sibanez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Acura Integra GSR
Country flag
they're 255/40/17 on 17x8 Enkei RPF-1
Nice, had the same wheels on my SI.

I ran two events on 245/40/17s and went crazy bouncing off the rev limiter. Going to try 245/45/18s at my first event this March.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS be1YnSpyK46pwx8Ir8gHuNACmPEOUgkE4hGlAdkN-bccyVjavAiW6zIDqywIc3M6lcTOm106CTM_dYgTuw=w1112-h835-no

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
View attachment 8437

Si Sedan with RPF-1 and 1/4 tank gas is at 2778lbs (including removal of the trunk tire repair kit). That's pretty solid
it's like deja-vu. I'm that guy that posted this at that other internet forum which definitely doesn't exist.

Nice, had the same wheels on my SI.

I ran two events on 245/40/17s and went crazy bouncing off the rev limiter. Going to try 245/45/18s at my first event this March.

View attachment 8498
I picked up the 245/40/17s on the DTD sale. I'm trying to practice my heel toe'ing in the winter.

sibanez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Acura Integra GSR
Country flag
Good luck @ Dixie.

Is anyone else planning to run the Pittsburgh Match Tour?

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Good luck @ Dixie.

Is anyone else planning to run the Pittsburgh Match Tour?
I'm not that guy. I'm from the forum about autocross and racing on the road ;)

Currently I think I'm planning on doing the NJ Pro, but probably in an HS Civic Sport as the Si is grouped together in S4 with DS, GS and STH for ProSolos. Still bummed there isn't a Devens Champ/Match Tour. Definitely would have done that.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would adding the HFP suspension kick the Si out of GS? From what I can tell from the rule book the answer is no, but I'm not sure.
Sponsored