dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
^^ that link (the page it points to) has been around since November... o_O

Though I really hope you're right and that we'll at least see the specs in Feb
(But seriously doubt about it being on the lots in March.)
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Still track testing.. may as well just call it a 2018 now.. just release the lowest displacement Si ever already, and let the big dog come.. :nono:

IMG_0413.PNG
I think that's more to do with HPD SCCA development & testing vs. production. The Si has historically had a presence there (and soon the CTR).

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I think that's more to do with HPD SCCA development & testing vs. production. The Si has historically had a presence there (and soon the CTR).
Ya okay, I wasn't sure if this was for production model or not. This kid seems to live the life.. drink Starbucks all day in a fully paid car.. :nono:

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Sooo...I emailed the #1 Honda dealership in the nation thinking they might have some info, guess what? No reply back...

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Today, my dealer confirmed they do not see any on their list, and the list usually had about 30-45 days out...so it's at least 6 weeks from them.

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
Last week I posted in the CTR forum that my dealer got an update from their Rep and called me straight away with an update since I'm #1 on my dealers CTR wait list.

The dealers were supposed to put in SI orders in December, but was just pushed to at least late Feb. Normally they look at 60 days after they order to time on lot. Putting it near May matching your info.

That delay in the SI has caused the CTR to be pushed and expected delivery not until July or August, and they weren't overly confident in even that. The CTR delay seemed to be more related to SI issues.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last week I posted in the CTR forum that my dealer got an update from their Rep and called me straight away with an update since I'm #1 on my dealers CTR wait list.

The dealers were supposed to put in SI orders in December, but was just pushed to at least late Feb. Normally they look at 60 days after they order to time on lot. Putting it near May matching your info.

That delay in the SI has caused the CTR to be pushed and expected delivery not until July or August, and they weren't overly confident in even that. The CTR delay seemed to be more related to SI issues.
Yeah, I bet after the 100 runs of the 9th Gen CTR Black Edition, they converted those lines over to the 10th Gen CTR. So our CTR will be sitting in a warehouse or lot somewhere for several months waiting for the SI to be released before they ship them over here.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I bet after the 100 runs of the 9th Gen CTR Black Edition, they converted those lines over to the 10th Gen CTR. So our CTR will be sitting in a warehouse or lot somewhere for several months waiting for the SI to be released before they ship them over here.
Yep. We'll be able to confirm that if the put the Assembled On: date on the plate inside the drivers side door.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. We'll be able to confirm that if the put the Assembled On: date on the plate inside the drivers side door.
I really hope I don't get a super early model.. it will have sat around for 4 months at least. Not good for a new car imo. I'm sure it will be fine, but this friggin Si :nono:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I really hope I don't get a super early model.. it will have sat around for 4 months at least. Not good for a new car imo. I'm sure it will be fine, but this friggin Si :nono:
I know what you mean. I really really don't like the idea of the car sitting. HOPEFULLY they either a- build them and send them early or b-hold off on building TypeR's, make Civics for Europe, and build TypeR's when they're actually ready to load them on the boat.

canadasiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I know what you mean. I really really don't like the idea of the car sitting. HOPEFULLY they either a- build them and send them early or b-hold off on building TypeR's, make Civics for Europe, and build TypeR's when they're actually ready to load them on the boat.
This just in-civic SI will be called civic U....as in unicorn...delayed until 2020

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I really want a low vin # though :cry:

Edit* ya I guess we will still receive the 1st ones hopefully. I wonder who will get the first 100..

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Only relationship between these 2 models is common engine plant (Anna, OH) and perhaps transmission parts. Why would one delay the other?
Many posters say the CTR was to go on sale in the USA before the Si.
Sponsored