Civic Si Delayed until June 2017?

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Whats with the sarcasm? Just telling you guys what my dealership told me. It's been delayed time and time again. Now from what he told me it may not happen.
My bad. I thought you were joking. If you haven't noticed, 3/25 is a Saturday. Kind of an unlikely date for a car release. I think unless you're friends with or are related to your dealer, you should prob take what they say with a grain of salt.
Sponsored

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
My take: better to delay and get it right vs. rushing to market.
Exactly! Still don't think we have seen the final product. It still had chrome around doors right? I think si is going to look better then what has been showed. They were just trying to keep the si in the headlines and wet our appetite

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Still no Si's in the order bank as of today... so this means still 60 plus days until they arrive on lots. My dealer says they have to show up before the end of this month or they won't show up until the middle or end of next month.

As a refresher it's about 45-60 days from order bank to dealer lot.

My dealer says he is certain they are going to be available April 17th to order at the latest. (Arrival would be June at that point).

Sigh... nice job Honda.

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
And THAT date is for the 2-door Coupe. The sedan will likely be later.
Looks like I'm buying new tires for my daily driver in the meantime.
My hopeful hunch is that they are taking time making mods - perhaps adding a few components from the TypeR - LSD or ???

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
at what point would it have to be considered a 2018 MY? after June? or could it go until the end of 2017?...

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
at what point would it have to be considered a 2018 MY? after June? or could it go until the end of 2017?...
After June production date I think. I'm not 100% sure though..

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We still haven't seen production car or numbers or color options so I wouldn't push it until all of that is out.

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
We still haven't seen production car or numbers or color options so I wouldn't push it until all of that is out.
I'm not going to reserve one anymore. With this delay and silence I'm a bit doubtful on the final product. I remember when the 2012 Civic came out and it was a dud and they scrambled to refresh for 2013, and again touched them up in 2014. I don't want that crap. I can imagine the 2017 hitting the ground and then getting reworked for 2018 with more features etc. I'll be waiting it out as I'm sure many others will be.
Sponsored