Civic Si Coupe - How to Access Rear Speakers?

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Does anybody know the step by step on how to access the rear speakers in a coupe? I actually find the front door speakers "acceptable" but I prefer the rear speakers to get better even just a bit.
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I have seen pictures in other threads. IIRC it's harder than it looks.

If you can; consider directly connecting your rear speaker wires to another set of known speakers (bookshelf maybe) to get an accurate idea of the signal that's being run back there. I did this with a pair of really nice sounding Klipsch bookshelf speakers and they sounded like garbage. The signal that pushes the rears seems to be run through a MUZAK filter.

Point is... you may go to all the trouble and still be disappointed.

Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.

OP
OP

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have seen pictures in other threads. IIRC it's harder than it looks.

If you can; consider directly connecting your rear speaker wires to another set of known speakers (bookshelf maybe) to get an accurate idea of the signal that's being run back there. I did this with a pair of really nice sounding Klipsch bookshelf speakers and they sounded like garbage. The signal that pushes the rears seems to be run through a MUZAK filter.

Point is... you may go to all the trouble and still be disappointed.

Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.
Thank you. I'm still interested in replacing the rear speakers. Do you happen to know somebody here in the forum who knows how to access the rear deck? I've been looking in this forum but haven't found yet.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Someone should chime in, hopefully. But there's this:

OP
OP

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I can now properly advice not to replace the rear speakers in the the coupe. I tested several 4 inch and those aftermarket all sounded garbage as they can't reproduce the bass and the mids of the stock speakers although the aftermarket 4"s has better highs.

I don't know what magic Honda/Foster did to have the stock rear 4" speakers to have those strong bass and mids. I'm certain even Focal PC100 won't be able to match those.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It's the same process for the coupe. I did it the other day, while tedious it's not so bad.

Then again I take panels off cars every day lol

Merlanit0

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can anyone post a video or any instructions on how to remove the rear deck panel so we can access the speakers???? I've been trying to remove it myself but in clueless on how to remove the side panels. I think that's the biggest obstacle. And youtube only have video on sedan and hatchbacks.
Please someone post pics or a little video explaining how to remove it. Highly appreciated! :nixon:
I have a 2 pairs of kickers 300watts that will directly connect them to the rear and front lower speakers. But I cant figure out how to remove the rear deck panel. I dont want to take it those audio shops. I'm afraid they'll break something. So please please someone post some instructions

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Can anyone post a video or any instructions on how to remove the rear deck panel so we can access the speakers???? I've been trying to remove it myself but in clueless on how to remove the side panels. I think that's the biggest obstacle. And youtube only have video on sedan and hatchbacks.
Please someone post pics or a little video explaining how to remove it. Highly appreciated! :nixon:
I have a 2 pairs of kickers 300watts that will directly connect them to the rear and front lower speakers. But I cant figure out how to remove the rear deck panel. I dont want to take it those audio shops. I'm afraid they'll break something. So please please someone post some instructions
Bro if they break something and you catch it you make them buy you a new part lol. Most audio shops have a warranty on install and take responsibility for damaged panels. The rear deck removal process for a coupe is very similar to that of a sedan.

Merlanit0

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will ended up going to a shop. And it's not the same

OP
OP

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I will ended up going to a shop. And it's not the same
Maybe I'll do a video this coming weekend how to access the rear deck for a coupe.

I too thought about going to a shop but by the time I figured out myself... Boy I'm glad I saved my money rather paying the shop for $200 just to remove 3 plastic panels.
Sponsored