First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to have Borla's on my old cars, and now I finally got the Borla exhaust for my Si coupe, gotta say once again I'm not disappointed! It sounds absolutely beautiful, nice and bass-y, cracks and pops off the throttle and when shifting, no drone or rasp, and it's loud! Low throttle sounds good and a little quieter, high throttle it's loud and mean. Honestly makes it sound like a beast, so far the sound clips I've heard online don't give it justice.

Definitely quicker as well. Don't have numbers to back this up but could be because it's lighter and less restrictive (from what I've seen searching the forums is Borla has the lightest aftermarket exhaust). Honestly it seems like the higher gears have significantly more acceleration than before, 100+ comes much quicker!

Welds and metal were clean and it fit well, it was well designed and manufactured.

I know most people tend to shy away from this price tag for the exhaust, so this won't be for everyone. Personally I'd say it was worth it, can never go wrong with Borla and they did an excellent job!

Can post clips if y'all want, just let me know (might take me awhile though, been a busy year for me so far). Won't be running catless.
Sponsored

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clips would be nice as there's nothing out there for the Borla Si exhaust in terms of customer generated content

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Loved my Borla Hush exhaust on my WRX. Sounded great w/o being obnoxious and the quality was top notch.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I want one as well. One of the potential issues I face with having a blow off plate is the catelyic converter. If you notice the Borla is the S type ... Which speeds up exhaust gasses. I would very much like to have that. I am moving and have sold my house ... So I do not have the extra cash laying around ... Notice the straight through approach Borla uses compared to stock pipe and yes stock is 45 pounds. Borla 26 plus. DB is 89.9. Summit racing is the cheapest I can find ... Anyone have it for less?

OP
OP

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright I'll post some pics tomorrow and like I said I've been busy but I'll try to get some videos this weekend.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Yeah ... I have a res coupe as well. I definitely want this for sure. I just need to get some cash and pacify the wife ... I mean what's more important... New appliances for the new house build down south or a Borla? There is another thread out there ... Going back to stock exhaust ... I find stock exhaust an embarrassing mess ... Damnit ... LOL ... I need some cash!

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's red coupe ... Oh boy ... Spelling ... Does Borla claim a 6 HP gain? Looking at the AWE marketing spin campaign ... They claim 6. I feel like that is a stretch ... No? Maybe 6 HP on an over boost tune model but I expect close to zero gain on stock. If you say it feels faster... I believe you! As long as it doesn't slow down exhaust gas movement and buck the torque downward I would be very happy!!!

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agree.... it's like an 8 inch is better than 6 .... I mean 4.5 is better than 2.5 ... Bottom line is when you dump the air into a bigger hole the volume of air increases and the gulp of air increases and the push volume exit decreases REDUCING stock torque. Unless you have a tuned over boosted monster engine, 2.5 pipe is the best. Borla has paid attention to this with their S series exhaust. I would have the utmost A plus respect for a company who offered a $50 charge for high quality pipes to allow a muffler delete at your local shop ... but ... that is not the company money maker.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Well it looks really really good. Now for the sound clips when u find time :headbang:

OP
OP

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They're coming I promise! I'll definitely have more time with the holidays coming up
Sponsored