Civic Si 192 LB-FT Torque revealed by Honda email

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So I'm assuming, if the cvt can handle it, my touring can produce that or more without losing features with a few upgrades. Nice! :thumbsup:

joe007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Country flag
Hyundai Elantra sport 2017= 201hp 195 lb ft torque vs Civic SI 2017= Unknown hp 192 lb ft torque (less than elantra).
  • DCT and manual option (DCT is much faster than manual and SI doesnt have a DCT option)
Why buy a SI lol?
Did you just claim that an AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION is a reason to buy that Elantra POS over an Si?!?

Enjoy your 3000+ lb slushmobile.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Elantra sport I think is a great car, but if you want an aftermarket, civic is the way to go, look at all the vendors rushing to our aid here.

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hyundai Elantra sport 2017= 201hp 195 lb ft torque vs Civic SI 2017= Unknown hp 192 lb ft torque (less than elantra).

So,

Elantra sport 2017
  • More torque
  • More elegant (not boy racer look like si)
  • Probably faster
  • cheaper
  • better warranty package
  • Four door (unlike SI)
  • DCT and manual option (DCT is much faster than manual and SI doesnt have a DCT option)
  • Bigger infotainment screen
  • Better reliability based off consumer reports (honda civic got averaging worst in class)
Why buy a SI lol?
Because it will run longer then 100k. Why do you think Hyundai gives you that warranty? Guessing its cheaper because its made cheaper. Guessing my stock touring will run with your "Elantra Sport" and with one upgrade will walk away from her. Good luck buddy.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
So I'm assuming, if the cvt can handle it, my touring can produce that or more without losing features with a few upgrades. Nice! :thumbsup:
You can also strap a 1.5T to a bicycle, but it won't go fast because the frame and suspension can't handle it. Prob same with your touring. Don't think you can compare a touring to SI. Driving experience will be totally different.

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
You can also strap a 1.5T to a bicycle, but it won't go fast because the frame and suspension can't handle it. Prob same with your touring. Don't think you can compare a touring to SI. Driving experience will be totally different.
I wasn't referring to the SI. It was the Hyundai bro..read the comment..

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Disappointed numbers but about what I expected when it was revealed that they went with the 1.5 versus a detuned 2.0.

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
Good thing the Elantra Sport doesn't compete with the Si then. When you consider it competes with the EX-T and Sport Hatch it becomes a really cool option on the market. It costs thousands less with discounts than both of those cars and looks great.

canadasiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm sorry, I just cannot justify buying a car and spending my hard earned money on something that is about half the value after purchasing it... I know the finance manger at a Hyundai dealership and the new G90 has ALREADY about $15k in rebates/discounts... that tells you their cars still hold zero value... to me, that's a loser by itself...

The specs for the SI are disappointing but don't knock Hyundai because Honda let you down again making a grocery getter that will be beat by every car out there...

Sat in a new 17 civic last week and the materials were soooo cheap....something hyundai does not do

Last edited:

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
This has to be the dumbest most generalized statement I have ever read....Hyundai makes great cars...good quality...better warranty....enjoy your grocery getter SI as a Santa Fe sport blow as you way at the lights.

The specs for the SI are disappointing but don't knock Hyundai because Honda let you down again making a grocery getter that will be beat by every car out there...

Sat in a new 17 civic last week and the materials were soooo cheap....something hyundai does not do
Can we just praise both cars for being available? You don't have to rib at one car to make another look good. Just pick the one you like more and everyone will be happy. Just because this is a Civic forum doesn't mean all other cars in its segment are terrible.

I've seen Hyundai cheap out on interior materials plenty of times. In fact, despite the Elantra Sport being a really nice car and a good value, I think the Interior is a notch below the Honda in some ways.

Honda no longer has a monopoly on reliability IMO. The Civic forum was filled with QC problems when it first came out so why would anyone be surprised CR doesn't recommend it anymore? I have no doubts QC will only get better just as all first year models do. That doesn't mean the Elantra will be better long term than the Honda but if you aren't sure you get a 10 year power train warranty and 5 years bumper to bumper!

Last edited:

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I will gladly enjoy my grocery getter Civic Si. :thumbsup: I have driven lots of cars in its class and I always fall back to the Si, it's just to fun. Interiors have been pretty decent imo. Also get considerably good gas mileage. Plus Honda engineering keeps my mind at ease with reliability. It's a winner in my eyes. I'm not butt hurt over it.:dunno:

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I'm sorry, I just cannot justify buying a car and spending my hard earned money on something that is about half the value after purchasing it... I know the finance manger at a Hyundai dealership and the new G90 has ALREADY about $15k in rebates/discounts... that tells you their cars still hold zero value... to me, that's a loser by itself...
Resale value holds 0 weight for me. I buy a car to enjoy it, mod it to make it 'mine" and keep it for years till its run into the ground. Resale is not even a factor for most people as they are not thinking about when they get rid of it when they are just purchasing it. They think about how long it will last. If I can pick up a G90 for less than the price of the competition, unless it's due to some high recall or failure reports, I'm going to prefer to get the G90.
Sponsored