OP
OP
Rickyg0731

Rickyg0731

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 honda accord
Don't scare me and make me think twice on the new SI lol. My wife has the 10th sedan and its very nice. I love my car but the new Si just looks sick to me. You don't think I'm downgrading do you? haha
haha I dont think it is a downgrade, I just personally think that the 9th gen SI is extremely good, and has an great engine that has alot of potential, im really intrested in the new SI, but at the same time im hoping that it wont be a disappointment, and that it will be as good as the old SI or better, and that means it has to be really good, just like the old si (this is just my opinion)
Sponsored

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
I said 215hp MAX from the start. Don't expect anything more than that out of this Si. The 1.5t can only do so much. Want more power the Type R is available.
That's not really a fair statement to make...At all...

- the R is not going to be readily available as a simple option for people that wanted more power...The cat is going to be BANANAS limited...

- the difference between 200ish, and 300ish HP is substantial to say the least...

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I said 215hp MAX from the start. Don't expect anything more than that out of this Si. The 1.5t can only do so much. Want more power the Type R is available.
Same email here. Such an awkward ad. You can tell it's translated. No one comes to the table with torque figures lol.

Their marketing team in India produced that for sure.

My guess is 201-220hp now.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought I read on this board that inside info said 227hp?

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
That's not really a fair statement to make...At all...

- the R is not going to be readily available as a simple option for people that wanted more power...The cat is going to be BANANAS limited...

- the difference between 200ish, and 300ish HP is substantial to say the least...
I'm sorry man. It might not be fair, I agree. But Honda has to fix it. Not me.

EDIT: Also... Remember the Type R was never offered before hand. So back a couple years ago people only had the option of the 200-205hp Si. Not that thats a bad thing.... It is what it is!

At least now we have the Type R which is another choice.

Last edited:

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
im guessing 0-60 in 6.1-6.2 1/4 mile 14.2-14.6

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
My thought- the deliberately leaked the torque number to try and pad the blow of the HP number.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Possibly. But I think the more likely scenario is they went back and massaged the HP curve without raising peak torque. I believe they can distribute HP over the mid to upper range without killing long term reliability, so long as the turbo can handle higher RPM boost and peak torque isn't raised in the low to mid RPMs.

I think Honda is dropping subtle hints to keep online interest alive for the next 3-5 weeks.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Glad I got my Sport Civic Hatchback!!!!!
Possibly. But I think the more likely scenario is they went back and massaged the HP curve without raising peak torque. I believe they can distribute HP over the mid to upper range without killing long term reliability, so long as the turbo can handle higher RPM boost and peak torque isn't raised in the low to mid RPMs.

I think Honda is dropping subtle hints to keep online interest alive for the next 3-5 weeks.
To Keep interest alive? That's laughable. They haven't done much of anything to create interest in the first place.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Well, there appears to be at least some interest here... Ya know, with people posting about it and planning to buy it and all. :)

Agreed though, with your second point. I think it just got overshadowed by the first-ever USDM CTR release; that's kind of a really big deal, so I think maybe the lack of Si-related "hype" from Honda this year could be explained by the fact that it is suddenly no longer the raciest stock Civic in the US...
(I obviously also wish they had more info coming out sooner, but just trying to make sense of why they didn't)

Honda2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I read somewhere that the turbo is sourced from Mitsubishi and that on a 1.5 liter engine it is capable of pulling 240 hp. I doubt Honda would go to it's limit if that's the case. If true, 220 hp is achievable reliably.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Really reinforces the idea that this is a "grocery getter" after all...
I agree and disagree. Yes we all hoped for that bad ass si that was balls to the walls crazy. But if we're honest here the ext engine as it is is better then the 2015 si out the box. Yes it sucks that it's not that much upgradeable which I still think when people tune their si they are going to get 250 HP and 230 torque plus. But this si is going to destroy the si of what we knew minus adding a turbo to the 2.4. I personally wish I could afford one but with the new 10 speed automatic that Honda is in the process of building right now in the USA. With paddle shifters of course. So for me I have to stick with my ext and it's CVT which is the best ever CVT I have ever drove. But can't wait for a few years when lease is up and 10 speed automatic will probably be available on a sport model that I will be able to afford like sport touring okay sorry for the ramble ha

And I say afford because that si insurance going to be high and that premium fuel and all will ad up.