Civic Si 10th Gen, Any Successful Modifications?

GuuudSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Coupe SI 2018
Hey guys,

Last year I bought a 2018 Civic SI Coupe and I've finished the exterior just the way I like it, now it's time for performance. I've been waiting to start on this because the car is still new and I didn't want to drastically shorten the lifetime due to my lack of knowledge of modifications. There is still much I don't know about performance modifications but my main concerns are; What will bring out the most gains while not damaging the car's lifetime too much?, Are tune's after bolt-ons necessary?, and What parts work best with the car?. Any feedback will help, thank you.
Sponsored

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Hey guys,

Last year I bought a 2018 Civic SI Coupe and I've finished the exterior just the way I like it, now it's time for performance. I've been waiting to start on this because the car is still new and I didn't want to drastically shorten the lifetime due to my lack of knowledge of modifications. There is still much I don't know about performance modifications but my main concerns are; What will bring out the most gains while not damaging the car's lifetime too much?, Are tune's after bolt-ons necessary?, and What parts work best with the car?. Any feedback will help, thank you.
My understanding is that a tune will be the biggest gain per $ spent. Personally, I got and installed the acuity shifter upgrades, which don't increase power but since it's a MT I wanted to improve shifting.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

Other than adding 55 hp, removing rev-hang, getting almost instant response to the throttle and allowing quicker shifts, a tune won't do much.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
GuuudSI

GuuudSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Coupe SI 2018
Other than adding 55 hp, removing rev-hang, getting almost instant response to the throttle and allowing quicker shifts, a tune won't do much.
Will it be the same if I buy either Hondata or Ktuner? Or should I get I get my tune done by someone else?

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Meanderpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI coupe
I got a. Hondata but am thinking the itinerary would have been a better option. Don't get me wrong it works great but I am thinking the usability is greater with ktuner.

I also added a shortram intake and kept my street maf, but should have jumped for the race. IMO these two are the first I would do.

My next is the clutch and flywheel followed by the intercooler and accessories. All of it is to build up to a new turbo as well.
Sponsored