Civic parts on a Type R let me explain....

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Fellow R owners! I was sitting in rush hour traffic Friday when to my left a Civic hatch was next to me, and I began to wonder as I sat motionless for several minutes..
Could a right rear view mirror assembly with the lane watch camera, be installed in a Type R? as in plug and play? Does any one know if the wire harness on an R would support the camera and would the head unit simply work with it?
I've seen people swap out climate controls with an LX version and It was plug and play. So with this logic I'm guessing the wire harnesses are all identical across all civic models. is this Correct? Just curious as I really miss the lane watch on my former Si...
Sponsored

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
There is a search function on the forums...
It has been tried and it is not plug-and-play. Remember, there is also a button on the turn signal stalk.
I don't remember if the guy that tried it ever got it to work, but it sounded like a PITA.

Arcam

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I wonder why Honda pulled that (and a number of other) features for the US market, the Euro cars have a load more tech but no subwoofer, weird.

OP
OP
Archangel

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know right? lane watch is a great feature and should of been standard..

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I really wish we had radar cruise. Even though I dont use cruise regularly, on long road trips I was able to use it on a rental Camry yesterday. It is awesome letting it adjust its speed automatically with the car in front (although a little too eager to brake when a car would get into range vs. coast).

OP
OP
Archangel

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really wish we had radar cruise. Even though I dont use cruise regularly, on long road trips I was able to use it on a rental Camry yesterday. It is awesome letting it adjust its speed automatically with the car in front (although a little too eager to brake when a car would get into range vs. coast).

I think in every market except for US and Canada the full Honda sense package is an option for the Type R. We have the "touring package" aka led headlights and nav standard. But that leaves alot to be desired for us..In the UK for example the touring
package is optional and includes full Honda sensing suite and Nav.
There are tons of you tube video reviews from Europe and Asia.
In Japan the radio is optional but you get power folding rearview mirrors.[/QUOTE]

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lane watch is on Canadian Type Rs.... I would love to get my hands on part numbers... I bet we can make it work on the US CTR

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In most countries in EU, Type Rs come in GT trim (actually is the only one) which includes..kinda everything possible, except for subwoofer (which is not available at all in any hatch) and moonroof. Price is ~44.000 USD, although you can drag the price down probably by 2-4.000 USD.
On this subject, we don’t get Lane Watch but a blind spot monitoring system (left and right) which consists in sensors and leds in the external mirrors. When another car is driving next to you, the leds in the mirrors light up orange, making it very easy to see that you have another car next to you, even if you did not see the other car. If you put your signal on while driving in parallel with another car or having it in a blindspot, the led in the side mirror blinks and an chime is played inside.
Also, both mirrors are partially aspherical (the outer part of them) helping expanding your field of vision.

On all Civics, regardless of trim, Honda Sensing comes as standard.

Last edited:

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was alarming to me when I flipped the signal for the first time and the screen didn't change. I don't need any of the "drive it for me" features, but I also don't think the extra pound of parts would've cost Honda the FWD record in the 'ring.

In any case, all you really have to do is angle your wing mirrors correctly. If you do that, you shouldn't even have a need for little convex mirror attachments. You should still be checking over your shoulder whether you have a camera or not, so it makes little difference.
Sponsored