Civic LX - Windshield washer nozzle adjustment

nitenik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
I have a Civic LX ; when using the Windshield washer the right side and left side do not spray on the same position on the windshield. The driver's side is lower than the Passenger side. Ideally, I'd like it to be the other way around. Does anyone know how this can be adjusted?
Sponsored

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
The nozzles are tucked up under the lip of the hood. Unlike older cars, which had a metal tube which was easily bent to your desired direction, these are small fixtures with a rectangular opening to give you a stay pattern. I would take a long skinny piece of stiff plastic and careful insert it into the nozzle and see if it can be adjusted in the direction you need. You could use metal, or even a pin, but you have to be careful not to damage the plastic fitting. It might help to pop open the hood and get a closer look at how the fixture is made and attached.

OP
OP
nitenik

nitenik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
The nozzles are tucked up under the lip of the hood. Unlike older cars, which had a metal tube which was easily bent to your desired direction, these are small fixtures with a rectangular opening to give you a stay pattern. I would take a long skinny piece of stiff plastic and careful insert it into the nozzle and see if it can be adjusted in the direction you need. You could use metal, or even a pin, but you have to be careful not to damage the plastic fitting. It might help to pop open the hood and get a closer look at how the fixture is made and attached.
Thanks, I had already tried that; other manufacturers typically used a hood surface mounted nozzle where the spray head was like a ball bearing that could be positioned using a long pin. I was hoping the ones on the civic had some sort of adjustment feature and was wondering if anyone else out there managed to adjust them... I suppose I could always switch them around and see if the spray pattern is more to my liking...

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
Have you looked carefully at how they are made? I have not done this, but I imagine that once you see how they are put together you might be able to figure out how to re-aim them.

Manchops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan (Black, mine), 2016 Fit LX (Red, Wifes car)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone noticed the washer fluid sprays way too high? Mine hits the rear windshield and the side windows, even hit the side of my wifes car (parked on the left of mine in the garage only like 1.5 feet away). The roof was completely covered in fluid. I'm also worried depending on what fluid the factory / dealer filled the reservoir with and if it could cause any issues with the clear coat / paint. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone noticed the washer fluid sprays way too high? Mine hits the rear windshield and the side windows, even hit the side of my wifes car (parked on the left of mine in the garage only like 1.5 feet away). The roof was completely covered in fluid. I'm also worried depending on what fluid the factory / dealer filled the reservoir with and if it could cause any issues with the clear coat / paint. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks.
the right side of my washer nozzle shoots pretty far. i can hit the car adjacent to me at a stop light and the back of my rear window. lol

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
No ones knows how to? I tried last night, no luck, I'm not washing my windshield, but my rear window lol need to adjust it asap but don't know how :(

axif86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX w/HS
Country flag
anyone figure this out yet? I tried using a fine screw driver but I'm scared I'll break it

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Needle nose pliers with the tips wrapped in tape.

Might be easier to open the hood and pop the entire washer nozzle insert out to adjust. The first time I tried adjusting it the whole assembly popped out anyway (it snaps into a cutout at the underside of the hood).

axif86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX w/HS
Country flag
Needle nose pliers with the tips wrapped in tape.

Might be easier to open the hood and pop the entire washer nozzle insert out to adjust. The first time I tried adjusting it the whole assembly popped out anyway (it snaps into a cutout at the underside of the hood).
Managed to adjust it with a nail file. Was a bit hard at first to get it moving but with the right amount of force, it works. I was just scared of damaging it
Sponsored