Civic Hatchback without small spoiler (brake light spoiler)

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX; 2004 Acura RSX Type S (turbo); 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
I know this is a little ridiculous but, I was very curious and decided to remove it and see how it will look. Lmao. Don't judge!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Manny

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm getting this one painted right now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback without small spoiler (brake light spoiler) 20171218_132202

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Every time someone shoots a video in portrait mode, God kills a baby seal.

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Manny, Did you get the sport rear trim from the dealer? What did it end up costing you? I plan on getting that and the skirts as well. Hondapartsnetwork.com has the skirts for $265 shipped in whatever color you have.

OP
OP
Manny

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey Manny, Did you get the sport rear trim from the dealer? What did it end up costing you? I plan on getting that and the skirts as well. Hondapartsnetwork.com has the skirts for $265 shipped in whatever color you have.

Yeah. I actually got both side skirts too from a dealer in Florida, but when I got the part number 71850 which should be the driver's side skirt, I received a 71800. So I called the dealer and they said Honda has been packaging many of them incorrectly. After sending the incorrect part and waiting 3 weeks because it was on "back-order" I should be getting it this weekend.

So here is what I did. I found the cheapest online stores and then I played around adding stuff to the shopping cart to see which had the cheapest shipping cost. So, I ordered both side skirts from Germain Honda in Naples, FL (germainhondapartsnaples.com) for 108.76 each + 46.55 = $264.07 These guys are aware of the issue with incorrect part numbers, so you should get the right one. Plus, they are in FL. I was not charged taxes when I purchased online.

The rear bumper sport trim I ordered from Hondapartsnow.com because they had the cheapest combine trim + shipping available, so I added other stuff to that order to maximize shipping costs. So I ordered from them:

Part No.: 71502-TGG-A50
GARNISH, RR. BUMPER (LOWER) $231.99

Part No.: 71570-TGG-A50
ABSORBER, RR. BUMPER $28.43

Part No.: 71509-TGG-A50
COVER, FINISHER $5.03

Part No.: 75701-TGH-A01
EMBLEM, RR. H-MARK $34.30

Part No.: 75700-TGH-A01
EMBLEM, FR. H-MARK $41.59

Shipping was $144

For some reason all online stores were charging an arm and a leg for shipping of the rear trim. It is not heavy at all, but Hondapartsnow.com had the best price. I thought I was going to be able to add the muffler in the center just like the sport trim but, it is different. I'm planning on going to a muffler shop and see what can be done. I have a few ideas that may make it possible to have a custom exhaust coming out of the center but the space is tight.

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats awesome. I was so excited to see how affordable the sport skirts were. As far as the rear trim and exhaust it looks as if you find a small enough muffler or do a muffler delete you can just have the piping turn up and into the spot. If you get a chance can you take some underneath shots of just how much space we have to work with as far as exhaust goes? Theres not much I'm wanting to do to my EX since its just a CVT, I have the AF dynamics Cold air intake already and just want ktuner down the road to improve the experience some. Besides a muffler delete or custom I just want to do aero, wheels and suspension.

OP
OP
Manny

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thats awesome. I was so excited to see how affordable the sport skirts were. As far as the rear trim and exhaust it looks as if you find a small enough muffler or do a muffler delete you can just have the piping turn up and into the spot. If you get a chance can you take some underneath shots of just how much space we have to work with as far as exhaust goes? Theres not much I'm wanting to do to my EX since its just a CVT, I have the AF dynamics Cold air intake already and just want ktuner down the road to improve the experience some. Besides a muffler delete or custom I just want to do aero, wheels and suspension.
Okay, I will do that later on today. I'm not planning on doing much to it. I wanted the Sport but when I got inside, it was terrible. So I went with the EX and figured I could get the Sport's side skirts and stuff later. I also like the exhaust coming out of the center. I thought about the muffler delete too. I'm sure something can be done. For now, I spray painted that spot with black paint so it's not as noticeable.

AgVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
I'd be really curious to see it without the top spoiler.

OP
OP
Manny

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback without small spoiler (brake light spoiler) Civic Hatchback EX wit Sport underbody spoilers 1
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback without small spoiler (brake light spoiler) Civic Hatchback EX wit Sport underbody spoilers 2
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback without small spoiler (brake light spoiler) Civic Hatchback EX wit Sport underbody spoilers 3
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback without small spoiler (brake light spoiler) Civic Hatchback EX wit Sport underbody spoilers 4
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback without small spoiler (brake light spoiler) Civic Hatchback EX wit Sport underbody spoilers 5
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback without small spoiler (brake light spoiler) Civic Hatchback EX wit Sport underbody spoilers 6

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like it would have to be quite a quick bend but it looks possible to fit a dual tip without a muffler for sure. Thanks for the great detailed pics. That was above and beyond man!
Sponsored