First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback LX tow hitch & bike rack DSC02279

I have recently attached a tow hitch to my 2018 Civic Hatchback LX. The hitch is for the sole purpose of attaching a bike rack so no electric harness was installed. I have documented the process and posted it to a Flickr album with photo captions and links to the various installed items. I'm also attaching the PDF manual from the hitch manufacturer to this post. Note: the instruction manual indicates that a part of the bumper strut have to be grinded away to permit fitting of the bumper after the hitch have been installed. I didn't have to do it because [I presume] the instructions were written for the sedan - apparently the hatchback is slightly longer than the sedan at the back bumper so I was able to reattach the bumper to the bumper strut without the need to cut away those two pieces.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/169371886@N06/sets/72157707932642214/with/32575421077/

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Hatchback LX tow hitch & bike rack DSC02230

Installation instructions (PDF link):
http://www.hitchpro.net/application/support/instructions/n24954.pdf

Attachments

Last edited:

OctoberNotice

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I can't believe there aren't more comments on this here, but what you've compiled is incredible. I have a 2020 hatch that I got the EX model specifically to accommodate for a hitch for my two bikes.

Every angle, detail, and link I could possibly need. Thank you so much for sharing. This will be my next project soon now that hopefully this Ohio weather is turning around.

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
These installation instructions are from ETRAILER. I installed a trailer hitch for a bicycle rack and also for a small utility trailer, it doesn't take long to install. I installed the "T" harness connectors for the lights, I recommend the "T" harness versus the splicing of wires, much easier.

RufflesSCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
Purchased this hitch from uhaul and going to install it this weekend

Good to know that you don't need to trim the bumper beam on the hatchbacks because I don't have a rotary tool. It makes sense because it looks like the sedan bumper covers are more rounded off, whereas the hatchbacks are a bit more squared off.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, does the civic have any tow capacity if it has a CVT?
Sponsored