civic hatch ex splashguards.. are these good?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
This video makes it look quite simple, hopefully the Hatch ones are as similarly easy.

I ordered some OEM ones for my LX Coupe from Amazon (It was like $10ish cheaper than your link for the Coupe ones if you have Amazon Prime) and it should be arriving today, so I can let you know how that goes as I'm a total car noob.

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I installed the OEM flaps on my Sport Touring. Took about 10 minutes each for the fronts, and a little longer for the rears as the Sport flaps require some drilling in the rear bumper skirt which I wanted to avoid. The instruction sheet that I downloaded from College Hills was super easy to follow.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, the hatch uses about eight more screws than the coupe and requires drilling and cutting, which the coupe doesn't.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the OEM flaps on my Sport Touring. Took about 10 minutes each for the fronts, and a little longer for the rears as the Sport flaps require some drilling in the rear bumper skirt which I wanted to avoid. The instruction sheet that I downloaded from College Hills was super easy to follow.
^^ This. I installed mine for 30min.

OP
OP

neastguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Mariner
Country flag
so the hatchback is a tougher install?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I can only speak for the Coupe, but I (sorta) installed mine yesterday. The front two splash guards were very simple and only required removing 3 screws on both the front left and front right, positioning the guards, and replacing the 3 screws with the new ones the guards come with.

The rear ones were a little more annoying, as there's 3 holes in the guards to attach them but only the top hole was a simple screw replacement. The bottom hole required to remove a confusing curricular plastic clip from under the bumper which was frustrating to get out and replace with the guards on. The middle screw-hole in the guard did not have a corresponding hole in the bumper, but included metal clips to clip on the bumper where the hole should go and some self-tapping screws to drill a hole through the bumper.

I didn't want to drill holes yet since it was at night when I installed them and I only have street parking, so currently my rear guards are attached with just the top screw and bottom clip, but I'm going to go out today and use the metal clips and self-tapping screws to secure the middle screw holes down to the bumper.

Hopefully the Hatch ones don't require drilling, but it doesn't seem too difficult.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can only speak for the Coupe, but I (sorta) installed mine yesterday. The front two splash guards were very simple and only required removing 3 screws on both the front left and front right, positioning the guards, and replacing the 3 screws with the new ones the guards come with.

The rear ones were a little more annoying, as there's 3 holes in the guards to attach them but only the top hole was a simple screw replacement. The bottom hole required to remove a confusing curricular plastic clip from under the bumper which was frustrating to get out and replace with the guards on. The middle screw-hole in the guard did not have a corresponding hole in the bumper, but included metal clips to clip on the bumper where the hole should go and some self-tapping screws to drill a hole through the bumper.

I didn't want to drill holes yet since it was at night when I installed them and I only have street parking, so currently my rear guards are attached with just the top screw and bottom clip, but I'm going to go out today and use the metal clips and self-tapping screws to secure the middle screw holes down to the bumper.

Hopefully the Hatch ones don't require drilling, but it doesn't seem too difficult.
You don't need a drill for the coupe,just push a small hole in the little indent where you put the spring nut, and the self tapping screw will go right thorough it into the spring nut. That's actually exactlty how the instructions say. Also, I found it a lot easier if you just lift the car with a jack, you don't even need the tire off the ground, just lift the body slightly and you have plenty of room. Lastly, those round clips come out very easily if you pop the center of them out first with a flat head ,then pull it down.
Between two new coupes in the last year, i ended up removing and installing them about four times so started looking for the easiest way to do it,lol

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Thanks for the info, wish I knew that when I first installed them but I was able to get the final screws in place after getting the metal clips situated. Luckily I only needed to remove the top rear screws to bend the guards down enough to access the middle hole location without needing to mess with the bottom clips again.

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
I ditched the cutting and the metal bracket on the rear splash guards. I shot a screw through the fabric fender liner then backed with a 1” dia neoprene washer, stainless washer and a speed clip. It is solid.
Sponsored