VashR547

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Sorry it took so long to post this. Kinda forgot. So I went to the dealership and took pictures of this abomination.
I don't want get into the whole story, but pretty much the salesman tried telling me this was an "automatic Type R. For those who want a Type R but cant drive stick. He tried telling me that it had "Brembo Brakes" and the "Same Engine" with a lil less power. I couldn't believe what that guy was trying to tell me. But here are some good pics for you guys.

The salesman name was Michael.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic EX with Type R body thumbnail_Image

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic EX with Type R body thumbnail_Image-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic EX with Type R body thumbnail_Image-2

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic EX with Type R body thumbnail_Image-3

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic EX with Type R body thumbnail_Image-4

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic EX with Type R body thumbnail_Image-6

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic EX with Type R body thumbnail_Image-8

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic EX with Type R body thumbnail_Image-9

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not knowing how to drive stick didn't stop me from buying one...

I swear, between this and the infinite markups on FK8's in California, it looks like the worst state in terms of honorable dealerships.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You still have to have CVT programming that will do that, and the 1.5L Accord Sport that I had as a dealer loaner definitely shifted "gears".
Does it have an L mode? L mode in the Civic makes it behave very much like a normal CVT (the ones that just drone endlessly and don't fake shift)

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$10,000 for that garbage add-on markup crap. How do they sleep at night? For that much they could have at least put in legit Type R components like the steering wheel or even the seats or even the the seatbelts. They could have put in maybe an upgraded brake kit instead of those $29.99 crap covers. It's embarrassing really.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
There are adapters to go from 5x114.3 to 5x120 but looking at the pics, the wheels look more like copies of the Type R wheel.
I am positive they put on aftermarket copies. The bolt patterns differ and they mention "caliper covers" instead of a brake upgrade.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am positive they put on aftermarket copies. The bolt patterns differ and they mention "caliper covers" instead of a brake upgrade.
Oh yeah. After seeing more pics posted today, the wheels are definitely aftermarket. And, again yeah, they're def brake caliper covers. They look horrible, imo.

VashR547

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
And they could have atleast used the Sport model that has the two exhaust pipes. It was such a crazy experience when the guy tried selling me it.

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
$10,000 for that garbage add-on markup crap. How do they sleep at night? For that much they could have at least put in legit Type R components like the steering wheel or even the seats or even the the seatbelts. They could have put in maybe an upgraded brake kit instead of those $29.99 crap covers. It's embarrassing really.
It's all about the look. They want the look. Instagram is a mirror of this world; girls in skimpy clothing taking multiple photos of the same sunset with different clothes, then photoshopping themselves like crazy to make it *look* like they are what they aren't.

People want the sporty type r look, they don't give a shit about performance, both power or braking.

Look at this forum, these guys are ricing their cars out left and right without judgment. Sure, I don't like it, but to each their own really.

That girl is stupid hot in Instagram, maybe even hot in real life...but the make up comes off at some point, and we all know you can't put lip stick on a pig.

Also, remember, no matter how hot she is, there's some guy or girl, somewhere, who is sick of her shit.

VashR547

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Unpopular/harsh opinion time:

I think it's silly to put cosmetic performance inspired parts on the non performance version of the Civic(or any car) in a fruitless attempt to make it look like a performance car. That goes for the dealer here and owners.

Put nice wheels, offset, body kit, lower ride height, and or exhaust on an Si or Type R? Yes. Any other type of Civic? No.
I would call that an honest/popular opinion (especially for this forum)

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry it took so long to post this. Kinda forgot. So I went to the dealership and took pictures of this abomination.
I don't want get into the whole story, but pretty much the salesman tried telling me this was an "automatic Type R. For those who want a Type R but cant drive stick. He tried telling me that it had "Brembo Brakes" and the "Same Engine" with a lil less power. I couldn't believe what that guy was trying to tell me. But here are some good pics for you guys.

thumbnail_Image.jpg

thumbnail_Image-1.jpg

thumbnail_Image-2.jpg

thumbnail_Image-3.jpg

thumbnail_Image-4.jpg

thumbnail_Image-6.jpg

thumbnail_Image-8.jpg

thumbnail_Image-9.jpg

Wow.... Thanks for doing this... I think I am going to call them and waste their time on this now

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
I think someone will honestly buy it around the reduced price.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

thumbnail_Image.jpg

thumbnail_Image-1.jpg

thumbnail_Image-2.jpg

thumbnail_Image-3.jpg

thumbnail_Image-4.jpg

thumbnail_Image-6.jpg

thumbnail_Image-8.jpg

thumbnail_Image-9.jpg
Those are some cheap ass tires on that thing... Probably a lot worse than what's offered on OEM...
Sponsored