Civic EX with Type R body

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
This reminds me of when I bought my DC2 Integra Type R. There was one real ITR and one "fake" ITR (a GS-R) at the dealer. The fake one was decked out in thousands in Comptech accessories, a popular tuner company. ITR look wing, exhaust, lowering springs, wheels, etc. No engine mods though. It cost more than my ITR. As I was taking delivery of my car, a kid was in the process of buying the fake one. I should have warned him.
A GS-R to ITR isn't as big of a leap as an EX to CTR but I get what you're saying lol
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

SDcajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 CTR Sonic Grey Pearl
Country flag
This...this is almost $1k more than I spent on my REAL Type-R...

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Yeah, I noticed that too. The orchid white one was the same. I think they take shots of the car once it's dealer prep'd and then they added the "type R" bits and took one shot of each in the showroom.
Pricing on website seems about normal for a Civic EX Hatch though. Not the markup posted earlier. Maybe dealer got wise and stopped? Or you think they pull the switcharoo on the price in person?

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pricing on website seems about normal for a Civic EX Hatch though. Not the markup posted earlier. Maybe dealer got wise and stopped? Or you think they pull the switcharoo on the price in person?

Oh for sure they are gonna do the switcharoo.

CombatSapper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
LOL. This is crazy! From the dealer no less, I could see if it was a private seller or something. Do those caliper covers say CIVIC on them?!

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
Maybe someone wants the Type-R aero appearance, but with a CVT option(assuming this model is) and without the CTR engine ??? Although the price is ridiculous, I'm sure someone will still buy it. Ouch!!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe someone wants the Type-R aero appearance, but with a CVT option(assuming this model is) and without the CTR engine ??? Although the price is ridiculous, I'm sure someone will still buy it. Ouch!!
I wouldn't mind the Type R engine in a CVT, minus the torque down low but still want the horsepower up high. Say......300hp at 7000rpm (Only 225lb-ft of torque). Yep! And they could keep all the Type R looking cosmetics. :thumbsup:

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
I wouldn't mind the Type R engine in a CVT, minus the torque down low but still want the horsepower up high. Say......300hp at 7000rpm (Only 225lb-ft of torque). Yep! And they could keep all the Type R looking cosmetics. :thumbsup:
To each their own I guess, but I’m sure at least 1 person will buy this special edition trim.

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To each their own I guess, but I’m sure at least 1 person will buy this special edition trim.
Keep an eye out on the Facebook groups. They'll post up asking how people like their Type R body kit.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
It's tacky, but to really make this baby complete, it needs a set of Buick Vent-A-Ports on the sides of the hood and a chrome fart can or two (or three?) sticking out the back. This is a new low for dealers :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::fear:

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Subaru WRX with CVT has 250 lb-ft. Of torque and I think I saw similar ponies. Not saying the Honda and Subby CVT are the same but with stronger internals all around I can’t see why that kinda of numbers could work in a Type R with CVT though I think a DCT would be better. Just my .02 cents.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 typeR
Country flag
It's tacky, but to really make this baby complete, it needs a set of Buick Vent-A-Ports on the sides of the hood and a chrome fart can or two (or three?) sticking out the back. This is a new low for dealers :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::fear:
I saw one last week with fake fender vents.

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
You mean I could had one of these instead of my CTR!!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They made an automatic, plain looking car with the Type R engine and called it an Accord.
Close but no cigar! They did attach it to a bad-arse 10spd transmission but it's still a 10spd transmission. I'd want a 'strong' CVT (Ex: Nissan Maxima) that could stay at peak power the whole time I'm at wide open throttle. THAT is how power is meant to be used. Not only for a moment in each gear. ;) I'm only in the 5%'er people that think this way. Just call me weird. :crazy:

And those poor people didn't get a Type R turbo. They have been upgraded to it though hitting them high 12's in the 1/4 mile.
Sponsored