Civic EX with Type R body

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Did they actually put type R wheels and tires on that car?! Do they even fit properly? There must be serious performance issues with that? This is just crazy.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did they actually put type R wheels and tires on that car?! Do they even fit properly? There must be serious performance issues with that? This is just crazy.
There are adapters to go from 5x114.3 to 5x120 but looking at the pics, the wheels look more like copies of the Type R wheel.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, they did the "treatment" to another EX hatch on their lot...

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic EX with Type R body RvYFSCCl

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
I'd get it if it was a lower price, almost a dealer made 'Type r - line' for the younger driver, show but no go....but it's not. W@nkers

VashR547

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
This is amazing. I live near there and now I wanna go check it out. Im curious if the sales people there will quote a mark up on it LOL

Just so everyone knows, I think this is dumb as hell (especially for that price) but I need to see this in person. And i wanna hear how they try to sell it haha

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is amazing. I live near there and now I wanna go check it out. Im curious if the sales people there will quote a mark up on it LOL

Just so everyone knows, I think this is dumb as hell (especially for that price) but I need to see this in person. And i wanna hear how they try to sell it haha
If you do stop by there, check to see if the wheels are OEM or aftermarket. Not saying OEM would justify the nearly $10K markup... But for that price, the wheels better be OEM plus they needed to add the Type R steering wheel, too. And they definitely need to add a tune and other go-fast bits.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Two dead giveaways is the lack of hood vent and widebody fenders. If you're going to fake it, you need a lot more than the wing and wheels. I am surprised they didn't stick some ebay fender vents on it

VashR547

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
If you do stop by there, check to see if the wheels are OEM or aftermarket. Not saying OEM would justify the nearly $10K markup... But for that price, the wheels better be OEM plus they needed to add the Type R steering wheel, too. And they definitely need to add a tune and other go-fast bits.
The wheels dont look OEM but I will be sure to confirm. And i highly doubt they added any kind of power to it. I can wait to hear the sales pitch for it

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
This reminds me of when I bought my DC2 Integra Type R. There was one real ITR and one "fake" ITR (a GS-R) at the dealer. The fake one was decked out in thousands in Comptech accessories, a popular tuner company. ITR look wing, exhaust, lowering springs, wheels, etc. No engine mods though. It cost more than my ITR. As I was taking delivery of my car, a kid was in the process of buying the fake one. I should have warned him.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Almost $40k for a car with no visible exhaust tips and only 174 horsepower should be illegal

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag