Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic air bags being stolen 45481-full

or even

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic air bags being stolen 30299_theshield_1

which is really UGLY, but makes the statement that the airbag is protected.

bunbao

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
45481-full.jpg

or even

30299_theshield_1.jpg

which is really UGLY, but makes the statement that the airbag is protected.
i remember these back in the day... hahah. now we have to come back to using it? /shrugs

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
i remember these back in the day... hahah. now we have to come back to using it? /shrugs
It will come to that... even now, there are regular outbreaks of AirBag Theft, especially in urban areas. .. and those things are EXPENSIVE to replace.
While Insurance may pay for it, getting them replaced is an inconvenient consumption of time, and there is always the thought at the back of your mind ..

"Were the new ones installed correctly -- will the work when needed"

Back "in those days" they were available in just a few plain colors ... Now they will be yet another item that will NEED a Wrap:fear:

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
That's why I remove my steering wheel and carry it with me all day.

OK, not really. It's like the wheels, you can't prevent it from happening but you could reduce the likelihood by parking in a better place.

Last edited:

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
The Club is certainly questionable for vehicle anti-theft purposes but it may be enough to cause someone to move on to an unprotected car.

Even a very basic alarm or flashing LED.

These aren't elaborate car heists. They want to pull this off as fast as possible and if a thief thinks they will be inconvenienced... The longer it takes to get your airbag the longer it takes to get that hit of meth.

MikeWCivicLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had one of these thefts last night, another Civic and an Accord near me also got hit. This is a well lit parking lot in view of about 20 or so condo units. The Civic already has a blinking led, but apparently breaking the car window and taking out the airbag dosen't set off any kind of alarm. I'm considering getting a perimeter alarm and/or a "club" type device. Or maybe, since these airbag thieves seem to like Honda/Acura far more than any other car, I should just trade it in on a car that's less popular with thieves. Any thoughts?
Sponsored